HIPAA

1.  Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 11 days ago
I was recently asked to write an article for Compliance Today that was a "call to action" in nature sharing my experience as a first time speaker at the CI. I wrote the article. I just never submitted it because I decided for various reasons it was too personal in nature. So instead, I decided to make this call to action post in light of the upcoming July 31st deadline for board nominations. Without naming names I think we all know that there is one individual who contributes more to HCCA.net than anyone else and that this individual also makes tremendous contributions to the compliance community in other ways as well. Please join me in supporting this person by completing a nomination form, which I have attached below.

The general gist of my article was about stepping outside of your comfort zone.  So, if you, or others have aspirations of being on the board, don't be shy - apply!

http://www.corporatecompliance.org/Portals/1/PDF/Membership/scce-hcca-call-for-board-nominations-2017-2018-term.pdf?_ga=2.3447920.1976250214.1500288606-1972335050.1482927605

------------------------------
Brenda Manning, JD, CHC, CHPC

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer. They are not meant to constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

2.  RE: Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 11 days ago
Amen Brenda

Sent from my iPad

3.  RE: Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 11 days ago
Thanks for posting this Brenda. I know that in the past year that I have been a member of HCCA  and a regular reader of HCCAnet, I have learned the most from Frank Ruelas, in person at the CI in 2017 and online as well. He consistently posts on HCCAnet and is always willing to offer assistance. I have reached out to him with questions outside of this forum and he has always responded right away. If he wanted to be on the HCCA board, I would be the first to nominate him.

There are many others who contribute a lot as well and they should be encouraged to put their name forward if they are interested in becoming more involved.

Caitlyn Kinney, CHC, CIPP/US
Concord,MA

4.  RE: Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 11 days ago
I have submitted a nomination for Frank.

Thank you for posting Brenda.

Carly Borenkind, LCSW
Compliance Officer- JASA
247 W. 37th Street 9th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Ph: 212.273.5296
eFax: 929.299.1132

Compliance Concerns can be reported anonymously, if desired, through the Compliance Hotline at 212-273-5288 or click here.  Concerns can also be emailed to complianceconcerns@jasa.org

www.jasa.org

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not an intended recipient, please (i) do not read, copy or use this communication, or disclose it to others, (ii) notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and (iii) delete the e-mail from your system.  JASA's Privacy officer can be reached at 212-273-5296.

5.  RE: Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 11 days ago

Thanks for the reminder Brenda!!

I have been a member of HCCA and a participant on HCCA.net for several years and all that time Frank Ruelas has encouraged us to take the opportunity to compare and contrast with our peers both through HCCA.net and through the education opportunities he offers free of charge to all participants on HCCA.net groups. Not only does Frank participate on various HCCA.net groups but he also promotes HCCA.net  and the compliance profession every chance he gets. Frank would be a true asset to the HCCA board.

Sherrie

Sherrie A. King

Compliance Auditor

Appalachian Regional Healthcare System

828-263-1207

saking@apprhs.org

Compliance Hotline: 1-800-656-7743

CorporateCompliance@apprhs.org

Them has left the building, it's just Us.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Marianne Williamson

This document may contain information covered under the Privacy Act, 5 USC 552(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (PL 104-191) and its various implementing regulations and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Healthcare information is personal and sensitive and must be treated accordingly. If this correspondence contains healthcare information it is being provided to you after appropriate authorization. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Redisclosure without additional patient consent or without legal basis is prohibited. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality subjects you to application of appropriate sanctions. If you have received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender at once and destroy any copies you have made.

­­  

6.  RE: Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 10 days ago
Frank has been a tremendous help and inspiration to many!

Marie Wagner CHC
Sr. Corp Compliance Coord
The Queen's Health Systems
Honolulu,HI

'