Chief Compliance and Ethics Officers Health Care

1.  Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 11 days ago
I was recently asked to write an article for Compliance Today that was a "call to action" in nature sharing my experience as a first time speaker at the CI. I wrote the article. I just never submitted it because I decided for various reasons it was too personal in nature. So instead, I decided to make this call to action post in light of the upcoming July 31st deadline for board nominations. Without naming names I think we all know that there is one individual who contributes more to HCCA.net than anyone else and that this individual also makes tremendous contributions to the compliance community in other ways as well. Please join me in supporting this person by completing a nomination form, which I have attached below.

The general gist of my article was about stepping outside of your comfort zone.  So, if you, or others have aspirations of being on the board, don't be shy - apply!

http://www.corporatecompliance.org/Portals/1/PDF/Membership/scce-hcca-call-for-board-nominations-2017-2018-term.pdf?_ga=2.3447920.1976250214.1500288606-1972335050.1482927605

------------------------------
Brenda Manning, JD, CHC, CHPC

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer. They are not meant to constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

2.  RE: Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 10 days ago
​Frank Ruelas has been a mentor, supporter, and educator to me and many others.  I had the opportunity to meet Frank at my very first CI during SpeedNetworking, and I am so thankful that I did.  A CI would not be the same without him!  Frank always provides a very practical approach where others make compliance seem so confusing.  I just submitted my nomination for him.  Frank would be an excellent addition to the HCCA Board!

Jodi Ridder CHC
Compliance Officer
Buchanan County Health Center
Independence,IA

3.  RE: Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 10 days ago
​I second that as well.  Frank was the first (or second) person that I met on the board back in 2013.  The other being Walter, who was voted to be on the board last year.  It it wasn't for Frank, I wouldn't be where I am at now!

Frank would be a great addition to the board as he has a wealth of ideals, insight, and knowlege that is second to none!  I know he has the bandwidth to advance this field to the next level.

Bill Wong, CHC, CHPC, CCS, CPC, CPMA, CDEO
Providence Health & Services
Sr. Coding & Compliance Educator/Auditor

4.  RE: Be Heard! Deadline for Nominations is 7.31.2017.

Posted 10 days ago
I fully agree. Frank is the obvious choice and deserves the position.

Carl Russell
Compliance Analyst
Delta Dental of Idaho
Boise,ID

Anything I say is my sole opinion and not of my company.

'