HIPAA

Topic: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request 

1.  Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 7 days ago
​Hello All:

Would anyone else be interested in Frank Ruelas creating one of his wonderful sessions on the distinction among the meanings of the terms use, disclosure, and access in HIPAA?  The session would also provide examples (hypotheticals) and how to apply these terms in their application to risk assessment.  I certainly would love this session, and I hope others in this community would voice their interest in this kind of session too.  If at least 50 other people would express an interest, I think that would be a good showing for Frank to consider creating this session.  Thank you in advance for expressing your interest.

------------------------------
Kristi Faulkner JD
Corporate Compliance Officer
Covenant Surgical Partners
Nashville,TN

2.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 7 days ago
I am always interested in Frank's sessions. Count me in!

Julie Sours, MHA, CPCO, HCISPP
Senior Associate, Information Security and Privacy
Heartland Alliance for Human Needs and Human Rights
Chicago, IL

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer.

3.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

Me too. I am always interested in his sessions and learn something from him every time, even if the subject matter is a repeat of a previous session. I would be interested.

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information. If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within. Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone. Thank you for your cooperation.

4.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

Echoing the same response as many others – I would be interested also.

Anne LeMere, RN, BSN, CHPN
Compliance and Privacy Officer

Unity Hospice
2366 Oak Ridge Circle
De Pere, WI 54115-9207
Main: 920-338-1111 | Direct: 920-339-6787
www.unityhospice.org

Learn More:

Care Programs | Education | Donate

Follow Us:

Facebook | LinkedIn | Google+

5.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 7 days ago
Kristi,

A very interesting idea indeed!  I think all of us could benefit on some level to revisit these terms and share how to apply them in a manner that is consistent with the regulations to include from a practical perspective.  I like it.

Thanks for posting...I'm in and I think we have a few other possibilities that can make this very much worth our time.  Let's see what interest (or not!) we get.

◘ Jan - Organize Email Inbox and Folders ◘
-----------Frank Ruelas------------

6.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 7 days ago
Count me in!

Jennifer Carpenter, CHC, CCEP
Director of Compliance
Lone Star Community Health Center
Conroe, Texas

7.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
​I would be interested as well.

Moira Wertheimer, RN, Esq., CPHRM, FASHRM
AVP Healthcare Risk Management
Allied World
Farmington,CT
Opinions are my own

8.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

I always learn something in Frank's sessions, so I'm in!

Best Regards,

Scot Lovejoy  CFP_XSLogo_BlBk 

Scot Lovejoy RPh. CFP CHC

Chief Pharmacy Officer

Privacy Officer

Agadia_itself (625x184) (625x184) (100x29)

9 Campus Drive, 2nd Floor East

Parisippany, N.J. 07054

(O) 973-540-8400  x227

(C) 973-570-3803

(F) 973-540-8440

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not an intended recipient, please (i) do not read, copy or use this communication, or disclose it to others, (ii) notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and (iii) delete the e-mail from your system.  Thank you.

9.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

Count me in as well.

Karin Butikofer CHPC
Manager of Privacy & Compliance
Athletico, Ltd
Oak Brook,IL

10.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

I'm interested.  I have been responding on the listserv online and realized earlier this week that my posts don't seem to actually be going out.   Not sure if this one will reach anyone in cyberspace.  Thank you.  Diane

Diane Pringle MSN, CHC

Compliance/Privacy/Ethics Officer

Corporate Compliance

dipringl@conemaugh.org

O: 814.410.8421

C: 814.421.2779

F: 814.410.8275

1086 Franklin Street

Johnstown, PA 15905

www.conemaugh.org

Making Communities Healthier.

The information transmitted via this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Any use, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or pursuing of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are the recipient of this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender and delete the material from any computer. Thank you.

11.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

I definitely interested

Tammi Worrell, RHIA, MHA
Compliance Coordinator
1000 Ryland, Suite 203 Reno, NV  89502
P: 775-982-4332
F: 775-982-6478
TWorrell@Renown.org

http://www.skillexpertiseandtechnology.com/emailtemplate_images/renown.gif

http://www.skillexpertiseandtechnology.com/emailtemplate_images/fb.gif

http://www.skillexpertiseandtechnology.com/emailtemplate_images/twit.gif

If you have received this message by error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return or destruction of these documents. This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.

12.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

Very interested!!

Alabama * Arizona * California * Colorado * Connecticut * Florida * Georgia * Illinois * Maryland * Massachusetts * Missouri * Nebraska * Nevada * New Jersey * New York * North Carolina * Ohio * Oregon * Pennsylvania * South Carolina * South Dakota * Texas * Virginia * Washington * Washington, DC * West Virginia

This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHICH ALSO MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only
for the use of the intended recipients identified above. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by reply email, delete the communication and destroy all copies.

GORDON REES SCULLY MANSUKHANI, LLP
http://www.grsm.com

13.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

Since Frank has expressed a willingness to facilitate this learning opportunity, let's do this!!!

Sherrie

Sherrie A. King

Compliance Auditor

Appalachian Regional Healthcare System

828-263-1207

saking@apprhs.org

Report Issues to:

CorporateCompliance@apprhs.org

Hotline 1-800-656-7743 (You do not have to give your name)

"Compliance is not the No department. Compliance is the Know department." SCCE,2017

This document may contain information covered under the Privacy Act, 5 USC 552(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (PL 104-191) and its various implementing regulations and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Healthcare information is personal and sensitive and must be treated accordingly. If this correspondence contains healthcare information it is being provided to you after appropriate authorization. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Redisclosure without additional patient consent or without legal basis is prohibited. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality subjects you to application of appropriate sanctions. If you have received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender at once and destroy any copies you have made.

­­  

14.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 5 days ago
Looks like we may hit the target...thanks again Kristi for suggesting this.

This may not get deep into the risk assessment process because it goes to a much more important aspect in my view.  It will assist in developing from a practical approach the meaning of these fundamental terms which we are seeing based on responses from folks both new and not so new on HIPAA to include folks with various qualifications, credentials, and certifications that many if not all of us could benefit by a collaborative session in discussing these terms.

Let's see if we hit the mark.

15.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 5 days ago
I'm interested

Sent from my iPhone
This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of the health insurance portability and accountability act (HIPAA) and other federal and state laws and regulations. If you have received this information in error please contact Universal Institute at 973-992-8181 ext. 26 or via email at michael.scudillo@uirehab.com and delete the material from all computers.

16.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 4 days ago
You're welcome.

Kristi Faulkner JD
Covenant Surgical Partners
Nashville,TN

17.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
This would be great Frank. I'd be interested in a taped video/audio presentation, rather than a Friday webinar, it that were possible. Fridays are always difficult for me to cut out a chunk of time.

Carl Russell
Compliance Analyst
Delta Dental of Idaho
Boise,ID

Anything I say is my sole opinion and not of my company.

18.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
Carl...just to be sure I appreciate what you are stating.

Would you opt for a taped/video of the content or a taped/video recording of a session which involved input and interaction by those that attended it alive?

Thanks for clarifying.

19.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 2 days ago
Frank, to be fair to others who may not desire their interactions be recorded, a taped/video of the content would do. If I knew beforehand that my participation in a webinar was being recorded, especially if it included my voice, I probably would keep quiet. I would hate to admit to the world that I was deficient in some area of HIPAA. It might come back to bite me.

Carl Russell
Compliance Analyst
Delta Dental of Idaho
Boise,ID

Anything I say is my sole opinion and not of my company.

20.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago

I am interested, if I haven't already responded. Long morning...

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information. If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within. Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone. Thank you for your cooperation.

21.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago

Please add me to the list!

Thanks,

Brenda

-------> ##################################### This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain private, proprietary, or legally privileged information. No privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Health First reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity; and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions. #####################################

22.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 2 days ago

Add me please.

Charlie

Charles E. Colitre, BBA, CHC, CHPC

Compliance and Privacy Officer

Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center

3925 Embassy Parkway, Ste 250

Akron, OH 44333

330 670-6123

Note: The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the use of the intended recipient only. Federal and Ohio laws protect any patient information that may be disclosed in this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, or copying of the contents is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and return all printed copies by US Mail to: Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center, 3925 Embassy Parkway, Suite 250, Akron, OH 44333, Attention, HIPAA Privacy Officer.

23.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 2 days ago
I hope I'm not too late to the Party but I would be interested in this as well.

Lisa Hanson CHC
Director of Q.A. and Compliance
Mental Health Association in Ulster County, Inc.
Lake Katrine,NY

24.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 2 days ago
​Frank,

May have missed the deadline but just found this, I'm interested.

Thank-you!

Judith Beda CHC,CHPC
Assistant Compliance Officer
Central Florida Health
Leesburg,FL

25.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 7 days ago
​Interested

Brittanie Terrell, MS
HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer

26.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 7 days ago
I'm interested.

Carly Borenkind, LCSW
Compliance Officer- JASA
247 W. 37th Street 9th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Ph: 212.273.5296
eFax: 929.299.1132

Compliance Concerns can be reported anonymously, if desired, through the Compliance Hotline at 212-273-5288 or click here.  Concerns can also be emailed to complianceconcerns@jasa.org

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:24 AM, Brittanie Terrell via Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics

27.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

Interested

Thank you,

Sharon Taylor, RN, MS, CIC, CPHRM, CHC, CHPC        

Director Risk Management/ Accreditation Services

Burgess Health Center

1600 Diamond Street

Onawa, IA 51040

Tel: 712-423-9248

Fax: 712-423-9322

E-mail: staylor@burgesshc.org

image017.jpg@01CD7F97.28704CD0

Quality Care You Can Believe In

Electronic Mail Confidentiality Notice:

This electronic mail message and all attachments may contain confidential information belonging to the sender or the intended recipient. This information is intended ONLY for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution (electronic or otherwise), forwarding or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone, facsimile, or email to arrange for the return of the electronic mail, attachments, or documents.

28.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
Interested!

Mark Thush JD
Attorney at Law
Mark Thush PA
Longwood,FL

29.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
I would DEFINITELY be interested in this!

Kitty Locke BSN RN RAC-CT CHC
Compliance & Privacy Officer
National HealthCare Corporation
Murfreesboro, TN

30.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

I am always up for any and all Frank sessions.

Thanks Kristi!

M. Colleen Golden, M.S., M.J., CCEP, CHC

<a href=image001.png@01D2EE87.25423FA0">

31.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
​Definitely!

Terri Pierce CHPC
Privacy Officer
Hattiesburg,MS

32.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

I am always interested in Frank's sessions.

Thank you,

Kris A.

Kris Anderson, RHIT, CCS
Quality/Privacy Officer
Tri-County Health Care
Wadena, MN 56482

33.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
​I am interested in this as well. I have not attended a Frank session in which I have not learned new or different.  Thanks.

Lloyd Hemmert MS
Compliance & Ethics Officer
Hill Country MHDD Centers
Kerrville,TX
[lhemmert@hillcountry.org]

34.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
Interested!
Thanks
Daynee

Daynee Perez CHPC
Compliance Director
Asembia
Florham Park,NJ

35.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
​Interested!!

Christina Hendricks, CHC
Compliance Coordinator / Health Plan Privacy Officer
Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center
Akron, OH

36.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

I would be interested.

Erin Jack, RHIA, CHC, CHPC

Corporate Compliance Officer|Administration

532 W. Pittsburgh Street|Greensburg|PA 15601
office
|724-832-4072

cell|724-757-2349
ejack@excelahealth.org

image002.png@01D075FB.23323B40

Confidentiality Notice: The documents accompanying this email transmittal in addition to the content of the email
contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.
The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in
reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email transmittal in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

37.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

I would be interested. I always learn something new in the interactive, fast paced Frank sessions!

RaeAnn Isaacson

Privacy Officer

This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2521, and contain information intended for the specified individual(s) only. This information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

38.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
​I would appreciate it.

Cari Becker RHIT
Compliance Officer/HIM Director
Perry Memorial Hosp
Princeton,IL

39.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago

I'm interested

Thanks Kathy

40.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
​I am not familiar with what it means to attend a session by Frank, but I am interested in finding out more.  Good topic.

Dawn Steele CHC, CIPP
Sr Compliance Coordinator
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
Chicago, IL

41.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
Believe me if you have the chance its worth the time. He explains concepts and ideas about as good as anyone.  I make it a point to have our privacy officers attend.

AS

Alicia Sanchez MD
Pediatrician
Aurora,CO

42.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
Interested - always looking to expand my understanding of things!

Marie Wagner CHC
Sr. Corp Compliance Coord
The Queen's Health Systems
Honolulu,HI

43.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 6 days ago
​Yes - I am interested! Thank you!

Sally Sheehy

44.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
​I would be interested as well!

Rasan Leathers

Rasan Leathers CHPS
Director of Compliance
Third Street Family Health Services
Mansfield,OH

45.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
​I'd be interested! Great idea - thanks.

Lindy Gunderson JD
Chief Compliance Officer
Eau Claire Cooperative Health Center
Columbia,SC

46.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
Thanks to all...here's where we are so far...

47.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
​I am interested too!

Thanks,
Becki

Rebecca Cox MBA
DeSoto Memorial Hospital
Arcadia,FL

48.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
I'm interested as well!

49.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
​I would definitely be interested in this topic as well.

Maryrose Welch CHC
Chief Compliance/Privacy Officer
Riverland Medical Center
Ferriday,LA

50.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
​I am interested as well.

Christine Feichko, RHIT, CHPC,CHPS
Privacy Officer
Kootenai Health
Coeur d Alene,ID

51.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
Count me in Frank!

Mark Thush JD
Attorney at Law
Mark Thush PA
Longwood,FL

52.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago
​I am interested as well.​​

Christine Feichko CHPC,CHPS
Privacy Officer
Kootenai Health
Coeur d Alene,ID

53.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago

I'm in

Best Regards,

Scot Lovejoy  CFP_XSLogo_BlBk 

Scot Lovejoy RPh. CFP CHC

Chief Pharmacy Officer

Privacy Officer

Agadia_itself (625x184) (625x184) (100x29)

9 Campus Drive, 2nd Floor East

Parisippany, N.J. 07054

(O) 973-540-8400  x227

(C) 973-570-3803

(F) 973-540-8440

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not an intended recipient, please (i) do not read, copy or use this communication, or disclose it to others, (ii) notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and (iii) delete the e-mail from your system.  Thank you.

54.  RE: Use, Disclosure, and Access understanding the distinctions and applications Session Request

Posted 3 days ago