Communication, Training, and Curriculum Development

Compliance Training Tools

• 1.  Compliance Training Tools

Posted 02-12-2018 09:06 AM
    Good morning all!
    Just wanted to poll the group on the types of compliance training/ communication tools folks are using? Does anyone use anything like Compliance Wave or Broadcat to help you get your message out?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Toni Burton CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    Richmond,VA

• 2.  RE: Compliance Training Tools

Posted 02-12-2018 09:17 AM
    We don't use either of those. We do use KnowBe4 for weekly scam alerts and random phishing email training. We use Litmos for course type training. Virtually everything else is homemade.

Carl Russell
    Compliance Analyst
    Delta Dental of Idaho
    Boise,ID

Anything I say is my sole opinion and not of my company.

• 3.  RE: Compliance Training Tools

Posted 02-13-2018 07:58 AM
    ​I looked at using Compliance Wave about 18 months ago, but found them too expensive for our limited budget. We are strictly homegrown now.

Dr. Randy Lewis, LMFT, CHPC
    HIPAA Privacy Officer
    Orange County Government
    Orlando, FL

• 4.  RE: Compliance Training Tools

Posted 02-13-2018 09:41 AM
    Good morning!

I used Compliance Wave about two years ago. I found that it was repetitive (the same exact content almost word-for-word in their multiple delivery methods, thus making only one useful) and had limited content for the healthcare space. The pieces I used were really good, but the limitations and the price didn't make it worth keeping. We have been homegrown since with success, though we may be looking at the possibility of adding something new in the future.

Note: The opinions expressed above are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer. ("peach" covered)

Becky Hartless, MBA, MHSM, CHC
    Asst. Director, Compliance Support Services & Training
    Academic Medical Center - Texas

• 5.  RE: Compliance Training Tools

Posted 02-13-2018 10:21 AM
    We are implementing knowB4 for phishing training, currently use a LMS for compliance training, but I am getting ready to customize our training and go through a new system called Ancile which we will be using for EMR training. In addition, I send out monthly security reminders through pop up messages that an employee has to click on before logging in each day. They also get a "compliance education blast" each month on the portal. I am curious though where others find the  best free material to create your own training as I know this is going to be a big undertaking?

Savannah Knuettel
    Compliance Coordinator
    Galen Medical Group
    Chattanooga,TN

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer or clients. They are not meant to constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

• 6.  RE: Compliance Training Tools

Posted 02-14-2018 10:01 AM
    I used Compliance Wave for a year.  I agree with Becky that the content was a bit repetitive.  I also thought the cartoons were a bit childish.  They are good for use as a reminder tool because of their light-heartedness but not really for solid education materials.   After that I went back to homegrown training for compliance matters.

I used KnowBe4 and Wombat for phishing training.  Both have their strengths, so I used them concurrently.

Jennifer Hall
    Compliance Analyst

• 7.  RE: Compliance Training Tools

Posted 02-14-2018 09:51 AM
    ​Hi,

Being a compliance person, I need to add a disclaimer: none of the organizations below are paying me for my endorsements.  :-)

We have used Compliance Wave for a few years. It sounds like a few of you have used them previously; you may want to check them out again. They are revamping all of their materials and have added a ton of new features in the past year.

We do not currently use Broadcat but I would love to and am hoping our budget will open up to allow us to do that. Their approach makes sense, and the material is innovative and user-friendly. We did purchase their icons which we will be putting in place, but do not have an ongoing agreement with them right now.

We also use Navex for online training; doing four courses a year.  We have had very good reception from staff about this.

Happy to answer any questions; contact me at email below.

Kitty

Opinions are mine; not that of my organization

Kathleen (Kitty) Holt CCEP
    Ethics & Compliance Officer
    Plan International USA
    Warwick,RI
    kitty.holt@planusa.org

• 8.  RE: Compliance Training Tools

Posted 02-14-2018 01:31 PM
    ​Thanks for the info Kathleen!