Message Image  

HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Losing the BAAttle

Yes we do! Erin Jack, RHIA, CHC, CHPC Corporate Compliance Officer | Administration 532 W. Pittsburgh Street | Greensburg | PA 15601 office | 724-832-4072 cell | 724-757-2349 ejack@excelahealth.org ...

• Profile Picture

Hi Carly, I have a BAA with our outside counsel. ------------------------------ Arlene Dawson BS RN PLNC CHC Chief Compliance Officer Vanguard Health Care Services, LLC Brentwood,TN

• Profile Picture

Hi Carly, We do not have outside Counsel; however, A BAA "or other arrangement" would be needed as "legal" services are a HIPAA covered function under the Business Associate definition. (45 CFR 160.103) If they are not considered "workforce"...

• Hi Carly, I do have a BAA with our outside Counsel. Natalie Roehlk, CHC Natalie Roehlk, CHC| Director of Compliance and Contracting 2311 W. Utopia Road |Phoenix, AZ 85027 T: 623-780-8686| F: 623-780-1887...

• Profile Picture

Carly When I was working with the DoD, the Judge Advocate Office was a BA to the CE when dealing with medical law issues. I think you have to have a BA relationship before you can disclose PHI to outside counsel. Would like to see more discussion...

Announcements

• HCCA's 2015 Salary Survey Report is Now Available

This report includes data on compensation for both the chief compliance officer as well as for the compliance staff, giving a fuller picture of the compliance profession in one document.