Message Image  

HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• On February 9, 2016, the proposed rule from HHS regarding changes to the rules governing the confidentiality of substance use disorder records will be published in the Federal Register. There is a pre-publication copy available for those interested....

• Well done...as you described...there may not be too many, if any alternatives to encryption that one may use in place of encryption. That being the case...encryption would then be implemented. ------------------------------ Frank Ruelas

• Ann...to which question or scenario are you answering yes to with respect to a BAA is needed. ------------------------------ Frank Ruelas

• Well I have done extensive research on this most recently..... No Psychotherapy notes are not included or made part of the Designated Record Set. They are basically opinions of the provider analyzing a conversation and kept seperate from the...

• Profile Picture

RE: Hotline

Diane, We use a third party to manage our hotline and we only receive a summary of the call. Although I can see where the recording of the call might be helpful to the CCO, I have heard staff express concern that they would not call the hotline...

Announcements

• HCCA's 2015 Salary Survey Report is Now Available

This report includes data on compensation for both the chief compliance officer as well as for the compliance staff, giving a fuller picture of the compliance profession in one document.