HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: ROI Revocation

I'm not aware of all the "special effects" of our EHR, but whatever you can do in yours to highlight revocations will help, as well as educate staff that they have to look for revocations and that they can come in at any time. We recently had a revocation, ...

• Profile Picture

Both David. We have opened an investigation and informed the client. We will be getting an attestation from the recipient that they will not use the info and will destroy it, we will be doing an all-staff training tomorrow on this, and we will look at ...

• Profile Picture

Lisette, are you asking for help on how to remedy this impermissible or are you asking for suggestions on how to make sure a revocation is known to applicable staff so they do not disclose anything? ------------------------------ David Garrison CHC,CHPC ...

• Profile Picture

I would follow your protocol for a potential HIPAA violation Mine would be to do a risk assessment to ascertain if this is an impermissible disclosure or a breach, and go from there. Cinda ******************************************* This message ...

• Profile Picture

ROI Revocation

We had a client revoke the ROI for a probation officer. A staff member did not see the Revocation on file and sent info to the probation officer. The information could result in legal consequences for the client. Clearly, the sending of info is a problem, ...