HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Verbal breach

In my opinion, even if the patient's wishes to not inform the family were not followed, does not necessarily mean that HIPAA or your State mental health privacy laws were violated. As Sherrie stated, there is a professional judgement allowance in HIPAA,...

• Profile Picture

Benchmarking for Phishing

We are getting ready to roll out our organizational baseline phishing drill. I am looking to be able to compare our results with other organizations to have a better idea of where we stand. I put together a brief survey (anonymous of course) to see...

• Profile Picture

Just want to make sure that we don't get anyone confused...so remember: Impermissible acquisition, access, use, or disclosure = presumed breach Presumed breach discovered (clock starts ticking). Either: Move forward and complete the required...

• Profile Picture

Any breach - verbal, paper, or electronic should be reported if you are a HIPAA covered entity. The end result is PHI was impermissibly disclosed. Thanks, Gab ------------------------------ Gabrielle Reeves JD, MHRM, CHPC Privacy Officer Bayhealth...

• Profile Picture

Carl, What you heard is a mention of how you provided a good reminder/lesson for the rest of us when responding to others: - Share your position; - State some of the reasons for your position; and - Reference the rules to help others understand what...

Announcements