Message Image  

HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• Scenario: A patient with a traumatic brain injury reports to an occupational therapist in a therapy session that they have been driving under the influence of alcohol and marijuana. The patient is an adult and is their own guardian. Does...

• I am coming into this conversation a little late, but I agree with the others, the record should not be accessed for this reason. This information can be found in other places such as the obituary which is a public record. I don't know if the funeral...

• To add to Nancy's response, sometimes the patient asks for this information because they are concerned that a particular person may have accessed the medical record and they want to find out. In this case, some more discussion with the patient would...

• Happy Friday to you too Frank! I would say my weakest area would be the Auditing and Monitoring. I have had to keep "chipping away" since I have been in my current position to get Directors to increase the audits and monitoring. I get a lot of...

• Profile Picture

RE: Access to EHR

Jane, I will offer my thoughts on your two issues: Does the patient have the right to a report identifying who has accessed their electronic health record: There is no regulatory/HIPAA right to this information at this time. A rule has been proposed...

One moment, processing...