Message Image  

HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• When another physician's office requests records do others: inquire whether that provider is taking over care; confirm the request is for treatment purposes; or just disclose whatever the provider is requesting? ------------------------------ David...

• Frank, I agree with you completely. Unfortunately I have been lured into participating in a couple of webinars that were not accurately represented by the e-mail I received advertising the class. Fortunately these were "free" webinars...

• HIPAA compliance is mandatory! Don't be fooled. Having a compliance program in general is voluntary (for now); however, it will be part of reenrollment criteria . Please review section 6401 of the ACA (Obamacare), I pulled below an excerpt and attached...

• I have a pharmacy entity that is requiring a BAA. I just got off a rather long and drawn out call with their Privacy attorney and I'm still confused as to why they need it. Wondering if anyone can provide some insight. The company is a long-term...

• Frank, I agree completely with your analysis. I've found that marketing often takes a few liberties with the facts to promote sales. In the prior thread, Sharon asked what the author meant by, "plan." I don't know what the author meant but in...

One moment, processing...