Message Image  

HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• As I get feedback and questions for those who contact me directly, I will post replies to the eGroup. One question or observation that people have made is that some believe that if an impermissible disclosure meets or falls into the category of an...

• All right...here is the survey which allows for people to submit their responses to the previously posted question about how much would Patient Frank be charged for copies of his 100 page file of PHI. The details are on the survey. I will post the...

• Profile Picture

RE: fee schedule

Agreed...I also read the guidance to state that fees for supplies for providing the copy (in your posting would refer to the pages on which the ePHI would be printed) could be charged ------------------------------ Frank Ruelas

• Patient is requesting so $2.00 -- awaiting the future "what ifs" for potential of more C&C ------------------------------ Marie Wagner CHC Corp Compliance Coordinator The Queen's Health Systems Honolulu,HI

• Profile Picture

RE: fee schedule

I interpreted it to mean that if the information is maintained in electronic form and the facility provides an electronic copy of the information, it could not charge per page for "moving" the file from one electronic medium to another. In this case...

Announcements

• HCCA's 2015 Salary Survey Report is Now Available

This report includes data on compensation for both the chief compliance officer as well as for the compliance staff, giving a fuller picture of the compliance profession in one document.