HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• I'm very confused & can't follow the scenario. Personally I find it best to just head these situations off at the pass & I would call the patient. ------------------------------ Brenda Manning, JD, CHC, CHPC R&B Solutions Waukegan, IL 60085...

• My (admittedly, rudimentary) understanding of 42 CFR Part 2 is that a written authorization (as specified by said regulation) would be required to release information protected by that regulation. As far as I know, the only exception that may apply...

• Good afternoon, I am gathering information on quality management systems. Some users choose to maintain ePHI in their QMS as part of their modules for event reporting/tracking. My understanding of information security is limited, and I wanted...

• For the most part, the HIM staff will question the release if the PHI is related to visits that the minor is allowed to consent to on their own (e.g. family planning). In most behavioral health situations, the provider almost always reviews everything...

• An employee doesn't feel comfortable making the judgment call to release information to a family member. It's not even the situation that she's questioning but her interpretation that only a medical provider can make this call in general. What are...

Announcements

• HCCA's 2015 Salary Survey Report is Now Available

This report includes data on compensation for both the chief compliance officer as well as for the compliance staff, giving a fuller picture of the compliance profession in one document.

Latest Shared Files