Message Image  

HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• The next video in the Excel series touches and demonstrates the topic of absolute and relative cell addresses. Personally I do not use absolute addresses nearly as often as I use relative cell addressing. At the same time, I think at least having...

• However or whichever way the assessment is done..make sure to note that the guidance from the regs is clear...assess the four factors (and others as needed) to make your determination. Sure there are many ways to do this...but not including all four...

• To be consistent with the regs...if all involved parties are within the organization that holds the PHI...this is not a disclosure. Likely an impermissible use. ------------------------------ Frank Ruelas

• Thoughts on this. Residents currently complete a HIPAA form which indicates how much information may be shared with the community about the residents' general condition. If a resident indicates that information about his/her general condition may...

• Hi, David. I don't currently do the LoProCo analyses, so this is not reflective of how my employer would handle this, just my personal thoughts. I would tend to do the analysis as if the recipient of the information didn't know it and base the breach...

Announcements

• HCCA's 2015 Salary Survey Report is Now Available

This report includes data on compensation for both the chief compliance officer as well as for the compliance staff, giving a fuller picture of the compliance profession in one document.

Latest Shared Files