HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• ​Hello, I would be interested in participating in the CHPC Study group. I do not have a target date set to take the exam but would be more than happy to learn as much as possible. Thank you. ------------------------------ Saleah Hinton Legal and Compliance ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Trends?

​#1-  I agree completely. #2- I work mainly with very small organizations, so ​​fewer people = fewer opportunities for requests to amend.  That being said, the 1st request to amend I've dealt with was just recently. ------------------------------ Linda ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Trends?

​I agree with Terri.  A disclosure involves someone with access allowing that info to be given outside of the organization. ------------------------------ Linda Mullany, RN, JD, CHPC Gordon & Rees, LLP Napa, CA The views expressed herein are my own ...

• ​I am interested in continuing a CHC Study group! Thanks, Frank!! ------------------------------ Linda Mullany, RN, JD, CHPC Gordon & Rees, LLP Napa, CA The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer or clients. They ...

• Agreed with all of the above.  No privacy issue with disclosing but how can you ensure that you operationalize this?  We get this request more often than not, as we are a children's hospital, when dealing with divorced parents or parents going through ...