HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• We contacted legal counsel, and the recommendation was to revise our consent form to include a plain language statement that explains about the sharing of the patient information with pharmaceutical companies, and describing the opt out process. The...

• We consider this part of the record set and treat it like any other PHI they have access to, so we would request they complete the form. ------------------------------ David Garrison CHC Compliance/Privacy Officer SEARHC Juneau,AK

• Good Morning, Sandra: This falls under the right of access, as what the patient does with the records after receiving them is his/her purview. You can require a written request and/or your consent form, as long as you inform the patient and...

• If I understand your situation correctly, my thoughts are if the patient requested the copy of itemized information, what he/she intends to do with it is up to them and shouldn't require additional consent. You should treat it no differently than if...

• All, I hope some of you can take a moment and respond with your thoughts on the following. We are reviewing our current release of records policy and became aware of a current practice that I'd appreciate your feedback on. Situation:...

Announcements