HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• I agree with you Scott, including the need to check state law as well. Alabama * Arizona * California * Colorado * Connecticut * Florida * Georgia * Illinois * Maryland * Massachusetts * Missouri * Nebraska * Nevada ...

• I don't know what the driving assessment is you are referring to. There are certain federal requirements under DOT that require driving assessments for certain drivers and providing the information is required without authorization from the individual, ...

• Frank, my thoughts exactly as I am catching up on past emails!!!! I always ask/analyze: 1. Is there an impermissible disclosure of PHI? And if yes I ask, was the PHI encrypted (such that HIPAA breach rules would not apply because ...

• ​Sorry for the late response, I am just catching up on emails after a crazy week of little no cell or internet here in Napa last week. 1. Yes there is an impermissible disclosure. 2.  Yes, it is a presumed breach.  You could argue exception 3 applies ...

• Another question: We are required to submit incident reports to a State agency for certain types of incidents such as having to call 911 for a patient, allegations of abuse & neglect, serious injuries, etc. Would these need to be included ...