Message Image  

HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• Attached is the Fed Reg version of the proposed Confidentiality of Substance Use Disorder Patient Records; Proposed Rule posting. I have also attached a text version of the same Proposed Rule posting with line numbers added which in my view is often...

• Profile Picture

RE: HIPAA/Email PHI

Often networks with a network based encryption solution auto encrypt emails that are sent within the host domain and the users don't even realize it. In addition, these solutions also will encrypt an email, whether or not it is sent in or out of...

• We also have this same set up. We do not encrypt e-mails sent within our network as our network is considered to be secure according to IT. We do however have an encryption software that catches any medical terminology that goes outside of our network...

• Thanks so much for everyone's responses. I am rethinking how we may handle this now and am going to take this back to our next meeting. This networking site has provided a wealth of information to me and has been such a great resource when I have...

• Profile Picture

RE: HIPAA/Email PHI

Caveat: I am not a techie but my current understanding is to question the conclusion that the emails aren't encrypted. Many tend to refer to encryption as overlay programs that require separate log-in (e.g., Cisco Registered Envelope Service). However,...

Announcements

• HCCA's 2015 Salary Survey Report is Now Available

This report includes data on compensation for both the chief compliance officer as well as for the compliance staff, giving a fuller picture of the compliance profession in one document.