HIPAA

Good info in the Fed Reg for today...check it out.

• 1.  Good info in the Fed Reg for today...check it out.

Posted 05-18-2020 10:26 AM
    Today's Fed Reg has a good exercise on how to look up Fed Reg content related to HIPAA.  Go through the steps to locate it and I would welcome folks posting any takeaways.  The Fed Reg section can be a quick read because it is not long.

For those practicing your skills on how to monitor for regulatory changes...a good opportunity that also provide useful info.

Let's see what people find.

------------------------------
    -------------Frank "Snake Bite Leader" Ruelas--------------
    ► We don't fail unless we quit! ◄
    Bill Wong's Resource Folder: https://bit.ly/BillWong
    Super Summer Slam Study Squad sign up: www.surveymonkey.com/r/TP5MY5P

░ Pass the Exam Group for 2020 ░
    Melissa Singleton - Jan - CHPC
    Julie Clutter - Jan - CHPC
    Tanisha Grant - Feb - CHC
    Lisa Bibby - Jan - CHPC
    Kelly Puida - Mar - CHPC
    Christina Serrano - Mar - CHC
    Rachel Anderson - May - CHC
    19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference

• 2.  RE: Good info in the Fed Reg for today...check it out.

Posted 05-18-2020 12:10 PM
    Thank you Frank - this was good practice!

I found it odd that they wanted the NPP posted at the testing sites - no one is going to take time to read them there.

Gwen Pekuri

• 3.  RE: Good info in the Fed Reg for today...check it out.

Posted 05-18-2020 03:02 PM

Frank,

I found that the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) will not impose penalties for noncompliance with the regulatory requirements under the HIPAA Rules against covered health care providers or their business associates in connection with the good faith participation in the operation of a COVID–19 Community-Based Testing Site (CBTS) during the COVID–19 nationwide public health emergency.

Cinda

******************************************* This message and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.