HIPAA

Any new must watch webinars?

• 1.  Any new must watch webinars?

Posted 06-09-2020 09:41 AM
    Looking to earn some CEU's...any new free webinars this week anyone recommends?

------------------------------
    Savannah Knuettel
    Compliance Officer
    Galen Medical Group
    Hixson,TN

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer or clients. They are not meant to constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.
    ------------------------------
    19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference

• 2.  RE: Any new must watch webinars?

Posted 06-09-2020 10:51 AM
    The Medicare Learning Network has a number of web based classes on CMS rules etc. HCCA has accepted those for me. 

I have also used FEMA's Emergency Management Institute, Independent Study, distance learning courses where they are applicable. 

They have courses in things like incident response and command and communications during incidents which provides  very good information and are just as applicable to an information incident as they are to a natural disaster and the like. HCCA has accepted those for me as well. I submit the course description and expected class time with my certificate of completion for those courses. You will need to register for a FEMA SID (I think that means Student ID) which you can get to from the menu on the left hand side of the page.

I'm sure you also know about the free CEUs in each month's issue of Compliance today. If you don't have an HCCA membership that alone may pay for your annual dues. I think you are eligible to .5 hours per approved article which works out to be about the same price as an annual membership if you were to purchase recorded webinars. and the courses are good for (I think) 2 years after publication. 

Medscape is also a great resource for free CEUs. They have a plethora of clinical  based courses but with a little digging you can find some real gems for compliance. Take a good look at the business academy and also search for compliance related  topics like cultural competency and HIPAA. 

I hope this helps. If you need specific assistance with any of these please feel free to reachout to me directly off list. I am still furloughed and still very bored.  

Alexander I Slosman, MHA, CHC, CHPC

• 3.  RE: Any new must watch webinars?

Posted 06-09-2020 11:06 AM
    One more thing I forgot to mention:

If you lead employee training sessions you can get credit for those at the same clock time calculation rate used for attending sessions. I submit a course outline and sign in sheet showing the date, course name (and because I am a consultant, the facility name and address). Sometimes these get rejected initially because the evaluator at HCCA has a bazillian of these requests to sort through at any one time and misinterprets the request to be for credit for leading a college level course rather than a training session but a quick e-mail explaining the request has cleared the issue up both times it happened. 

Alexander I Slosman, MHA, CHC, CHPC