HIPAA

Sample Breach Notice to Media

• 1.  Sample Breach Notice to Media

Posted 10-23-2020 01:45 PM

My organization has been fortunate not to have to provide published notice through the media of a breach. We will likely have to do so for a very peculiar situation soon. I'd appreciate not having to reinvent the wheel if anyone could share a template for what is sent to a media outlet when public notice is required. I thought we might just write it like a press release, but then decided there might be a better way and didn't find a sample in the association's site. Thank you

Jerry Nordstrom, MBA, SPHR, CHC | Director

Business Operations

Lake County Health Department and

Community Health Center

3010 Grand Avenue

Waukegan, IL 60085

Office:  (847)377-8049

Healthy Choices. Healthier People. Healthiest Communities.

WARNING:  The information in this email is confidential and/or may be Protected Health Information (PHI) and subject to protection under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). This email is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments.

19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference