Communication Training and Curriculum Development

DCO 4 & 5 review

• 1.  DCO 4 & 5 review

Posted 06-19-2020 01:04 PM
    Thank you @Frank Ruelas for another great session this morning!  I had a power outage this morning and was unable to join you online - but I did listen on my phone.  ​Just listening alone provided a lot of great information, and as a department of one I really appreciate all of the time you spend helping others learn and grow in their roles and compliance knowledge.  One thing I took away from today's session was remembering that there are multiple ways to approach items.  For example, in addition to reviewing P&P on an annual basis and when there are organizational changes, I should also review them when issues occur - is it a policy issue, a training issue, etc.

------------------------------
    Heidi Lourey
    Compliance Officer
    2020 SCCE Membership

• 2.  RE: DCO 4 & 5 review

Posted 06-20-2020 09:57 PM
    What session are you talking about?  it sounds like something I want to be in on!

Kristine Coy
    Compliance Manager
    Vulcan
    Seattle,WA

2020 SCCE Membership

• 3.  RE: DCO 4 & 5 review

Posted 06-21-2020 08:38 AM
    Kristine,
    These are sessions led by Frank Ruelas that discuss the Detailed Content Outline (DCO) for the CHC and CHPC tests.  If you have a chance to attend any of Franks sessions, I highly recommend it!  Frank has been very generous with his time, and all of his sessions provide a safe zone that encourage people to share their thoughts and compare and contrast discussion points.

Heidi Lourey
    Compliance Officer

2020 SCCE Membership

• 4.  RE: DCO 4 & 5 review

Posted 06-21-2020 08:54 AM
    Heidi...thanks for sharing.

On the idea of  a safe zone...thanks for pointing that out.  I for one see a lot of sharing and learning going on during the session.  This is, in my view, a direct result of people committed to creating and promoting a safe zone...AND...people's willingness to share, including when we discuss an area where they have intended to strengthen for some time and our sessions provide that opportunity.

Well done everyone.  Your efforts are not going unnoticed by others, especially your fellow attendees that are new to compliance!

-------------Frank "Snake Bite Leader" Ruelas--------------
    ► We don't fail unless we quit! ◄
    Bill Wong's Resource Folder: https://bit.ly/BillWong
    Super Summer Slam Study Squad sign up: CLOSED

░ Pass the Exam Group for 2020 ░
    Melissa Singleton - Jan - CHPC
    Julie Clutter - Jan - CHPC
    Tanisha Grant - Feb - CHC
    Lisa Bibby - Jan - CHPC
    Kelly Puida - Mar - CHPC
    Christina Serrano - Mar - CHC