Communication Training and Curriculum Development

View Only
  • 1.  Knowledge checks

Posted 08-13-2021 04:08 PM
    Hello,
    Has anyone used knowledge checks for checking how employees understood ethics awareness material they took during training?  I am looking for information on knowledge checks. When to issue them and at what frequency? 1-3 post training. I will appreciate if you can share your experiences or suggestions of where to find resources in this area.

thanks,
    Doris Agyeman
    Virginia.

------------------------------
    Doris Agyeman
    Consultant
    Clear Compliance Solutions Limited
    Broadlands,VA
    SCCE Membership

• 2.  RE: Knowledge checks

Posted 08-14-2021 07:26 AM
    Are you referring to a quiz as part of training?   I've consultant with our HR training and development on this topic and the advice I got was that having a quiz for the sake of a quiz isn't always necessary. It depends on the type of training. My team asks knowledge question as part of the HIPAA walkthrough process.

Brenda Manning J.D., C.H.C., C.H.P.C.
    Privacy Director
    Privacy Officer
    Carilion Clinic

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer. They are not meant to constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

SCCE Membership

• 3.  RE: Knowledge checks

Posted 08-15-2021 08:03 PM
    Thanks Brenda for responding. I really appreciate your feedback.
    I'm curious to know if anyone has used knowledge check, 1 -3 months after training. The intent would be to check whether employees remember what they learned during training or knew where to go for answers. Did you get a positive response from employees?

Doris Agyeman

Doris Agyeman
    Consultant
    Clear Compliance Solutions Limited
    Broadlands,VA

SCCE Membership