Communication Training and Curriculum Development

Compliance and HR Messaging Partnership

• 1.  Compliance and HR Messaging Partnership

Posted 06-15-2020 10:28 AM
    Good morning all-

I am curious whether any of your departments are partnering with your HR teams for messaging. Messaging related to current events and code of conduct topics. If so, would you be willing to share your process or topics that you have covered?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Toni Burton
    Director of Compliance Operations
    VCU Health
    Richmond,VA
    2020 SCCE Membership

• 2.  RE: Compliance and HR Messaging Partnership

Posted 06-16-2020 09:26 AM
    HR is obviously a key strategic relationship and at times was a struggle for my team so we had to revisit the foundation of that relationship. At Carilion we have the 5 C's. Our newest "C" was introduced a few months ago: "Collaboration," so we're trying to take that to heart in all of our relationships.

As a first step, earlier this year we collaborated to develop a Workforce Sanctions Matrix. It was met with rave reviews at the highest levels of our organization. As a second step, we collaborated to develop investigation guidelines as to how our 2 departments will interact / collaborate. As a third step, we are collaborating with HR and other key stakeholders to review / update our Access and Confidentiality policy which is a key document our employees sign that sets expectations and feeds into our training that our HR training and development assists with. Once the pandemic settles down we'd like to have a retreat with HR. So to answer your question, in my opinion like any relationship, there are many facets to it but the key is ongoing communication.

Brenda Manning J.D., C.H.C., C.H.P.C.
    Privacy Director
    Interim Privacy Officer
    Carilion Clinic

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer. They are not meant to constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

2020 SCCE Membership