Communication Training and Curriculum Development

View Only
  • 1.  On-line training for manufacturing plant employees

Posted 06-08-2021 02:01 PM
    Hi all,

I am rolling out some on-line training across all functions and regions (globally). Our employees who work on our manufacturing lines need to receive the training, but do not have regular access to computers. There are some kiosks on the plant floor, which are used for clocking in/out, but no stations for folks to take an on-line course. We are not able to get the course on a CD or make it otherwise accessible to the manufacturing employees. Due to social distancing and COVID-protocols, we're not able to offer in-person sessions, or bring everyone into a conference room to cover the content via video conference, nor are we currently able to travel to the facilities to conduct in-person sessions. Though most individuals have a mobile device, it is their personal mobile device (they do not receive a stipend for the device as it is not needed for their job), so a mobile-accessible course does not solve the issue.

I welcome suggestions for getting the information, education and training rolled out to employees who work in our manufacturing facilities. What has worked for others? Thanks, in advance, for your insights.

------------------------------
    Wendy Badger, Esq., CCEP
    Global Compliance Counsel
    Tennant Company
    SCCE Membership

• 2.  RE: On-line training for manufacturing plant employees

Posted 06-10-2021 07:05 AM

Hi Wendy, how are you?
    I have the same challenge here and I also would like to hear from our community how to face it!

We are an agro-industry company and our operational teams have no regular access to computers or corporate smartphones.

In our case we "splitted" the trainings in "15 minutes in-person sessions" held by leaders or our Compliance Champions. They use common opportunities of time (beginning/ending of shifts, etc) and those sessions occur regularly and we are facing great results on that.

BR.

Rodrigo Carvalho
    Internal Audit and Compliance Manager
    Veracel Celulose SA
    Eunápolis
    rodrigo.carvalho@veracel.com.br

SCCE Membership