Managed Care

ACA Section 1557 Grievances

• 1.  ACA Section 1557 Grievances

Posted 09-06-2016 03:52 PM

Good afternoon, everyone!

We have implemented our process for ACA Section 1557 changes to have our Grievances and Appeals team handle any grievances regarding nondiscrimination covered by ACA Section 1557. We have designated more than one person as the person that would investigate the complaint (the G&A team).

Q1: Has anyone just designated one person and, if so, did you list that person directly in communications?

Q2: Has anyone designated multiple people/a team? If so, how have you listed them in communications?

Thanks!

Kaine

------------------------------
    Kaine Toomey, CHC, CHC
    Compliance Manager
    VA Premier Health Plan Inc
    Richmond,VA
    2019 HCCA Compliance Institute

• 2.  RE: ACA Section 1557 Grievances

Posted 09-12-2016 11:06 AM

Hello, our patient advocates are the first contact, our signage lists "Patent Advocate" rather than the names.  If they receive a discrimination complaint, they send it to me, in Compliance to investigate the complaint.  I call in whatever resources needed to resolve it.

Notice of Legal Status and Confidential Information: This electronic mail message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is privileged and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of the information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the transmitted information.

• 3.  RE: ACA Section 1557 Grievances

Posted 09-13-2016 08:11 AM

Thanks for your input! We have using a general contact as well.

Kaine Toomey, CHC
    CHC
    Compliance Manager
    VA Premier Health Plan Inc
    Richmond,VA

• 4.  RE: ACA Section 1557 Grievances

Posted 10-11-2016 05:23 PM

I'm sure you meant Patient Advocate, not Patent Advocate.

Anyway, we just list a title as well, Operations Manager. In that way when the person that has that position changes, we don't have to change the documents.

Carl Russell
    Compliance Analyst
    Delta Dental of Idaho
    Boise,ID

Anything I say is my sole opinion and not of my company.