Managed Care

Annual Compliance Education

• 1.  Annual Compliance Education

Posted 03-22-2018 07:35 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I recently began working with my MCO about 6 months ago and was recently tasked with overseeing our education activities. I have worked in provider compliance for close to 9 years before I made this switch. From what I have seen on the payor side, it appears that there is quite a lot of education that is required vs. ad-hoc. Am I off? Can anyone provide me  with a list of compliance education topics that are covered at your organizations? I just want to know if what I am seeing can be combined to become more efficient and less taxing on the organization. THoughts and comments are always appreciated.

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Luis Jusino CHC,CHPC
    Manager of Compliance and Audit
    Healthfirst
    ljusino@healthfirst.org
    Hyde Park,NY
    2019 HCCA Compliance Institute

• 2.  RE: Annual Compliance Education

Posted 03-22-2018 10:01 AM
    We require HIPAA Privacy and Security training as well as Fraud, Waste, and Abuse, to comply with regulations for HIPAA and Medicare.

Carl Russell
    Compliance Analyst
    Delta Dental of Idaho
    Boise,ID

Anything I say is my sole opinion and not of my company.

• 3.  RE: Annual Compliance Education

Posted 03-23-2018 07:40 AM
    We require Compliance & HIPAA training which includes information on the laws (e.g. FCA, DRA, Anti-kickback, CMPL, Whistleblowers, HIPAA, State privacy laws, HiTech, etc.). We also provide information on the seven elements of compliance, breach notification, safeguarding PHI & ePHI, FWA, billing requirements, documentation requirements & ethics.

Cynthia Liu Bingaman, MA, LBSW, CHC
    Director of Regulatory Compliance/Privacy Officer
    BMHA
    Benton Harbor,MI