Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer Health Care

Annual Training

• 1.  Annual Training

Posted 04-15-2019 05:28 PM
    I am searching for on-line training for all of our employees.  45% of the employees work remotely.   I have used the same HIPAA training for 3 consecutive years, www.hipaatraining.com.   I am looking for a new on-line training.  I am finding there are very limited choices.
    Does anyone have a suggestion?  I think most of my people skip to the end and answer the questions, especially the executives.
    I'd like one that does not allow that.
    Since we use the Medicare Learning network for Fraud, waste and abuse,  My budget is flexible.

------------------------------
    Mary Blahut RN CHC
    VP Compliance
    Diamond Bar, CA
    2019 HCCA Compliance Institute

• 2.  RE: Annual Training

Posted 04-15-2019 08:03 PM
    I'm fond of healthit.gov's privacy and security training game: https://www.healthit.gov/topic/privacy-security-and-hipaa/privacy-security-training-games

It may not appeal to everyone, but I found it amusing and informative.  It also happens to be free, which never hurts.

Emily Roberts
    Compliance/Privacy Manager
    Morrow County Health District
    Hermiston,OR

The opinions expressed are my own and are not intended to represent the positions, strategies or opinions of my employer.

• 3.  RE: Annual Training

Posted 04-16-2019 10:26 AM
    ​Relatedly-
    Can anyone point me to the rule/reg that provides CMS' protocol for coding trainings and claims audits for clinicians?

Our internal auditor is quoting a "10 claims per year" and "1 hour coding training per year" but I cannot locate anything besides the MLN updated rule re:  1 hour on FWA.

If someone point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful!
    Thanks

Marcia Rasch
    Compliance Officer
    HealthSource of Ohio
    Milford,OH

• 4.  RE: Annual Training

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi Mary,

We offer a number of interactive training options through https://www.complianceathenaeum.org/

I am part owner of a compliance consulting firm where we function as Compliance Officers or support.  I also have a doctorate in education with a focus on adult learning, so I love to develop courses that are a bit more interesting than the typical offerings.  We are a small company, so others find us really reasonable!   Feel free to reach out - amerritt@athenacompliance.org

Thanks,
    Andrea

Andrea Merritt
    Partner
    Athena Compliance Partners
    amerritt@athenacompliance.org