Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer Health Care

SHRM membership

• 1.  SHRM membership

Posted 07-20-2020 10:46 AM
    ​Is anyone also a member of SHRM?  We outsource our HR department so there is no HR in the building most days, and increasingly I find my job morphing more into HR related subjects (inclusivity, OSHA, ADA, COVID/Safety, etc.).  Was curious if anyone utilizes and recommends their resources?
    Thanks!

------------------------------
    Jill Lyons
    Compliance Officer
    CSI Laboratories
    Alpharetta,GA
    19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference

• 2.  RE: SHRM membership

Posted 07-20-2020 11:15 AM
    I am a member since I was previously an HR Director, and also in Medical Clinic Management.  I continue to utilize the SHRM information as many situations involve an HR component.  Also that it is important for the compliance professional to be knowledgeable of many HR related regulations.

With the membership also you also get free webinars, some are compliance focused.  I have had several approved by CCB, so I am appreciative of that!

I highly recommend it.

Ann Dunham
    MBA, SPHR, CHC, CHRC
    Compliance Officer
    Hannibal Regional Healthcare System
    Hannibal, MO

• 3.  RE: SHRM membership

Posted 07-20-2020 01:39 PM
    I utilize the SHRM membership as well.  They have Terrific webinars and Zoom sessions.  

I also access Fisher and Phillips.  They are an national attorney group specializing in HR. and have great information on their website.  Their webinars are free as well.-

I too am the go to person, we only have 36 employees.  Everything turns out to be a compliance concern.

We are a pharmacy accredited by ACHC (Accreditation Commission for Health Care).  They have webinars that cover
    anything to do healthcare.    I am sure if you are accredited by JCAHO, URAC or CPPA they too have resources you can access if you are accredited by them.

Mary Blahut RN CHC CPHQ

• 4.  RE: SHRM membership

Posted 07-21-2020 08:14 AM
    ​Thank you very much, Ann and Mary - I can see where membership would benefit what I would do in my job so I will probably join.
    Thanks a ton for your input!

Thank you, Ann and Mary!  I can see where membership would benefit some of my job duties, so I will probably join SHRM.

​Thank you very much, Ann and Mary - I can see where membership would benefit what I would do in my job so I will probably join.

Jill Lyons
    Compliance Officer
    CSI Laboratories
    Alpharetta,GA