Privacy Officer's Roundtable

CCPA Toll Free Number DSR Vendor

• 1.  CCPA Toll Free Number DSR Vendor

Posted 03-03-2020 03:31 PM
    I was wondering if anyone could speak to their experiences with vendors providing CCPA toll free #'s and/or web intake forms (Navex, OneTrust, etc...) for Data Subject Requests.

------------------------------
    Caitlyn Tobey, CCEP-I, CHC, CIPP/US/E, CIPM
    2020 SCCE Membership

• 2.  RE: CCPA Toll Free Number DSR Vendor

Posted 03-09-2020 09:32 AM
    Hi Caitlyn - I can speak on using OneTrust for CCPA/DSAR. What questions do you have?

Alan Wilemon
    Boca Raton,FL

2020 SCCE Membership

• 3.  RE: CCPA Toll Free Number DSR Vendor

Posted 03-09-2020 09:46 AM
    If you could comment on how you have found their service that would be helpful. Are they responsive? Do you find it to be a good value and would you recommend it? Any negatives?

Thanks!

Caitlyn Tobey, CCEP-I, CHC, CIPP/US/E, CIPM

2020 SCCE Membership

• 4.  RE: CCPA Toll Free Number DSR Vendor

Posted 03-09-2020 10:03 AM
    We launched with them Jan. 1, and at this point, I've been very pleased with the partnership.

Pros:

- cost friendly
    - the tool can be stood up very quickly (one caveat listed in Cons)
    - tool is easy to use and customizable, has good built in workflows, and DSARs are organized nicely as they come in
    - OneTrust has been very responsive to our questions and with trainings along the way

Cons:

-the only "con" I might mention is that you will need some dedicated internal IT support to partner with OneTrust to have that quick set-up that I mentioned. Pretty much a given with any new system, but just thought the upfront allocation of people resources was worth mentioning.

Ultimately, having only been using it for a couple months, I think its great. I've not noticed anything lacking with them up to this point, and we feel  compliant with the DSAR/cookie/info request portions of CCPA. I'm not compensated by OneTrust in any way to pump them up, and admittedly, with CCPA being so new - there could be some vendor out there that is even better that I haven't used -  but I think you should at least connect with them for a demo and see the tool.

Alan Wilemon
    Boca Raton,FL

2020 SCCE Membership