CHPC Study Group

Thanks to all! Answer to AoD Question...

• 1.  Thanks to all! Answer to AoD Question...

Posted 17 days ago
    The answer to the question of whether an impermissible disclosure that resulted in a breach notification also needs to be listed on an Accounting of Disclosures should the affected individual request an accounting is shown below.  Many thanks to those who posted.  Our "quiet" eGroup colleague is now going to go back to her "resource" and find out why the answer they provided was incorrect...which by the way now also means that the P&P on AoDs will need to go into the revision process and corrected...which is likely going to raise a few questions since it was just recently approved.

The takeaway...do your homework...and consider postings questions to the eGroups...you have lots of folks that may be able to provide some insight that you can use to make your own decision.

------------------------------
    -------------Frank Ruelas--------------
    ► We don't fail unless we quit! ◄
    Next Study Session Topic(s) - The eGroups Shall Decide
    2020 CI Meet Up Sign Up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/26VLMS8

░ Pass the Exam Group for 2020 ░
    Melissa Singleton - Jan - CHPC
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: Thanks to all! Answer to AoD Question...

Posted 17 days ago

My answer to yesterday's question was "yes" but I'm interested in discussing why. My thought process was, without looking anything up, that an Accounting of Disclosures is to include any disclosure except those made for purposes of TPO, those made pursuant to an authorization, and a few other exceptions.  The question posed stated that an "impermissable" disclosure took place, so it wasn't for TPO or pursuant to an authorization, therefore it's required to be listed. Was this the correct thought process?

Jill Volanti
    Director of Compliance
    Mesa,AZ

Certification Disclaimer

• 3.  RE: Thanks to all! Answer to AoD Question...

Posted 17 days ago
    Jill...I like how you presented your logic for explaining "why"...nicely done.  So let's see what others have to share.  Also...remember..C&C...feel free to comment on Jill's approach and where your thinking may be similar or different.

Thanks!

-------------Frank Ruelas--------------
    ► We don't fail unless we quit! ◄
    Next Study Session Topic(s) - The eGroups Shall Decide
    2020 CI Meet Up Sign Up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/26VLMS8

░ Pass the Exam Group for 2020 ░
    Melissa Singleton - Jan - CHPC
    Julie Clutter - Jan - CHPC

Certification Disclaimer