CHPC Study Group

Nothing New but Maybe..."New" Ideas

• 1.  Nothing New but Maybe..."New" Ideas

Posted 17 days ago
    In follow up to a few questions...based on the review of the Fed Reg and any postings related to the regs at 45 CFR 164...there are NO new requirements related to Security (Subpart C), Breach Notifications (Subpart D), or Privacy (Subpart E).  Some folks attending a webinar this week heard of "new HIPAA requirements" based on changes to HIPAA.

This is not the case.  Now certainly if this person wants to spin this and say that he or she has a "new" way of interpreting a regulation or a "new" idea, suggestion, "best practice", process, etc, etc, that is/was adopted to meet a regulation, that may be where the idea of something "new" is coming from.

Of course, if anyone does find a new regulation related to HIPAA Security, Breach, or Privacy...please share so that we may all benefit from the information.

Thanks and onward we go!

------------------------------
    -------------Frank Ruelas--------------
    ► We don't fail unless we quit! ◄
    Next Study Session Topic(s) - The eGroups Shall Decide
    2020 CI Meet Up Sign Up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/26VLMS8

░ Pass the Exam Group for 2020 ░
    Melissa Singleton - Jan - CHPC
    Julie Clutter - Jan - CHPC
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: Nothing New but Maybe..."New" Ideas

Posted 17 days ago
    This is a way that many companies try to generate new business in my opinion.  I get emails from several companies with titles like: 'Learn what's new in HIPAA in 2020' or 'New texting regulations in HIPAA​' and the list goes on.  I am confident we will see something in the Federal Register or directly from OCR when and if there are any changes.

Lloyd Hemmert
    Compliance & Ethics Officer
    Hill Country MHDD Centers
    Kerrville,TX
    [lhemmert@hillcountry.org]

Certification Disclaimer