CHPC Study Group

• 1.  Assignment: Take 1...read on

Posted 04-28-2020 09:39 AM
    I totally get it that most of us are nowhere close to the front lines as many of our colleagues in our facilities who are dealing face to face with patients.  We all think we know our limits on what we can handle...and these current times can take their toll.  However, whether on the front lines, in the background, or somewhere in the middle, each of us is dealing with something that very likely none of us has had to deal with in our lifetimes.

So I ask you...consider taking at least 1 of the following:
    • Take 1 minute to connect with at least 1 loved one today
    • Take 1 minute to reflect on yourself in preparation for the day ahead
    • and the BIGGIE...take 1 minute to call someone (not text, not email, not IM)and simply let them know you were thinking of them and wanted to see how they were doing.

After hearing about the tragic story of the ER doctor who took her own life...I thought to myself if perhaps 1 person could have connected with her and helped her deal with what she was going through, who knows if the story may have changed, maybe so, maybe not.  The fact is we'll never know.

For me, if even 1 chance of making that 1 connection is good enough to possibly help 1 person get through with what they are dealing with...I'm all in!  What about you?

Stay healthy and stay safe!

------------------------------
    -------------Frank "Snake Bite Leader" Ruelas--------------
    ► We don't fail unless we quit! ◄
    Link to list of live Webs:
    https://bit.ly/Web_Links
    Bill Wong's Resource Folder: https://bit.ly/BillWong

░ Pass the Exam Group for 2020 ░
    Melissa Singleton - Jan - CHPC
    Julie Clutter - Jan - CHPC
    Tanisha Grant - Feb - CHC
    Lisa Bibby - Jan - CHPC
    Kelly Puida - Mar - CHPC
    Christina Serrano - Mar - CHC
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: Assignment: Take 1...read on

Posted 04-28-2020 10:13 AM
    I think you have wonderful ideas.  It broke my heart to hear about the NY ER doctor taking her own life.  I will take your advice and reach out to someone today.  I do keep in contact with my daughters almost daily - they all live at least 2 hours or more away.

Stay safe everyone!​

Ann Dunham
    MBA, SPHR, CHC, CHRC
    Compliance Officer
    Hannibal Regional Healthcare System
    Hannibal, MO

Certification Disclaimer

• 3.  RE: Assignment: Take 1...read on

Posted 04-28-2020 01:20 PM
    I'm in on this - not just the benefit to the other person, but benefit for me too.

That was a particularly tragic story (among many we are hearing) about the ER doc.

Marie Wagner, CHC, CHRC
    Operations Manager, Corporate Compliance
    The Queen's Health Systems
    Honolulu, HI

Certification Disclaimer

• 4.  RE: Assignment: Take 1...read on

Posted 04-28-2020 03:24 PM
    This is a great idea Frank.  I was heartbroken when I read the store about the ER doc.

Heidi Lourey
    Compliance Officer

Certification Disclaimer

• 5.  RE: Assignment: Take 1...read on

Posted 04-29-2020 11:10 PM
    I connected with my dad on the day you posted.  He lives alone right now as my mom is with me taking care of my little one while I work.  I have been video calling some of my co-workers I don't regularly see just to check in and I have taken to heart your comments weeks ago about using greeting, Good Morning and Thank yous to everyone I speak with via email.  You are right, one person can make a difference and why not be that one?  Thank you Frank for your ever thoughtful posts.

Melanie Schoonover, MS, CRC, CHC
    Quality Assurance Supervisor

Certification Disclaimer