CHPC Study Group

Southern Bell Checking in

• 1.  Southern Bell Checking in

Posted 03-27-2020 08:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Southern Bell checking in from Georgia. We have 1643 cases of Covid-19 and 56 deaths, so it is getting real here in the South. In my world nothing has changed much. Finishing up my first full week of working from home. I have to say in many ways I have been more productive due to no interruptions.  

We have very strict restrictions on entering the hospital and continue to have a few employees sent home every day for fever at the screening. Now they are sent directly over to a building to be tested.

The big news here on the Coast of Georgia is that Davis Love, the pro golfer, who lives here on St Simons Island had his house to burn to the ground last night. Not sure of details, except they were home and got out safely. My husband and I were awoke by a huge boom sound, almost like a bomb going off at around 3:00 in the morning. Not sure if that was the sound we heard or not. But it was a definite boom. We are all sad for Davis and his family, they are great people. He, his wife and their foundation has done so much for our community. You can run into him at any restaurant in town or on the Island and he is down to earth and always stops for kids to get their picture with him. Always kind.

Southern Bell signing off.

Vicky

Vicky Roe, RN CHC CPMA

Clinical Auditor

Southeast Georgia Health System, Inc.

2415 Parkwood Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520

Office:  (912) 466-3264   Fax:  (912) 466-7044    Emailvroe@sghs.org

This e-mail and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information and are for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender by telephone or e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the original immediately.   "noscramble" means the email is being sent unencrypted

Certification Disclaimer