CHPC Study Group

RESOURCE: Infectious Disease Society of America-COVID-19 & ASPR-DHHS Info

• 1.  RESOURCE: Infectious Disease Society of America-COVID-19 & ASPR-DHHS Info

Posted 03-24-2020 12:03 AM
    Greetings:

Below are two sources of COVID-19 information for range of target clinical & non-clinical staff.

1. Infectious Disease Society of America's dedicate web site
    https://www.idsociety.org/public-health/COVID-19-Resource-Center/
    IDSA updates this COVID-19 page for members and the public with links to resources on developments, guidelines, protocols, policies, and tools for practitioners. Our sources include those provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the World Health Organization, as well as COVID-19 reports in IDSA journals, and the IDSA/HIVMA Science Speaks blog. 

2. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness & Response, DHHS

https://www.phe.gov/emergency/events/COVID19/Pages/default.aspx

The mission of the HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) is to save lives and protect Americans from 21st century health security threats.  ASPR leads the nation's medical and public health preparedness for, response to, and recovery from disasters and public health emergencies. ASPR collaborates with hospitals, healthcare coalitions, biotech firms, community members, state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, and other partners across the country to improve readiness and response capabilities. 

In response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus outbreak, the federal government is taking steps to protect the country.  Within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response is working with our partners to explore the development of new medical countermeasures and take other actions to enhance health security. 

Msel

------------------------------
    Marisel Brown
    Clinic & Laboratory Business Operations Administrator
    San Francisco Dept of Public Health
    Oakland,CA
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: RESOURCE: Infectious Disease Society of America-COVID-19 & ASPR-DHHS Info

Posted 03-24-2020 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the resources.

Just an unrelated question, is the San Francisco Dept of Public Health really located across the bay in Oakland? And now a totally unrelated comment, I'm familiar with that area as I was born and raised in Hayward. But I left when I was in my early twenties.

Carl Russell
    Compliance Analyst, CHPC
    Delta Dental of Idaho
    Boise,ID

Anything I say is my sole opinion and not of my company.

Certification Disclaimer