CCEP Candidate Group

Exam

• 1.  Exam

Posted 08-29-2019 11:31 AM
    Hi Group!!

I take my CCEP exam next week in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania!!!! I am very nervous.

I have participated in the Study Group. I have reviewed all of Cait's ancillary resources. I have read SCCEs Compliance 101 and reviewed my old binder from a HCCA academy in 2017.

Am I missing anything? (again so nervous).

Thanks everyone!

------------------------------
    Sabrina M. DeLong
    Compliance Officer
    The Vista Foundation
    Hershey, Pennsylvania
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: Exam

Posted 08-29-2019 06:10 PM
    Just take deep breaths, read the questions carefully, and be confident in your knowledge.  Good luck, Sabrina!

Marie Wagner
    Operations Manager, Corporate Compliance
    The Queen's Health Systems
    Honolulu,HI

Certification Disclaimer

• 3.  RE: Exam

Posted 08-30-2019 01:56 AM
      |   view attached
    Manage your time.  You have less than 1 minute for each question.  If you do not recognize the question at all, mark it for review and move on.  Don't dwell on any question too long.  It will not only put you behind, but also possibly frustrate you and frazzle you.  That is the last thing you need.  Remember, all questions are worth the same (although there are some dummy trial questions that could be used for future exams).

Don't go in thinking you will do everything like you do at your current organization.  To make the test statistically valid and reproducible, the test is written so everyone is on the same playing field.  To me, that means everything should be done with best case scenario.  Although you should not assume anything, I did go into the CHC and CHPC assuming that 1, I have full backing of the board, 2, I have unlimited resources at my disposal, and 3. I can use in house counsel for advice.

I am preparing for the CCEP as well.  You should read up on this Priorities report written by SEC.  I perused it and it looks like SEC version of the OIG Work Plan.

Good luck!

Bill Wong, CHC, CHPC, CCS, CPC, CPMA, CDEO
    Corporate Compliance Supervisor
    Aon Hewitt - Healthpaws

Attachment(s)

Certification Disclaimer

• 4.  RE: Exam

Posted 08-30-2019 02:48 PM
    You got this!

Amber Hersma, CCEP
    Compliance and Privacy
    Irving, Texas

These are my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Certification Disclaimer