CCEP Candidate Group

CCEP Exam Resources

• 1.  CCEP Exam Resources

Posted 07-25-2019 11:27 AM
    ​I'm trying to find practice exams for the CCEP.  Everything that I find online is for CCEP-I or CCEP Health Care.  Exam Edge looked to be the best option, so purchased it, but when I took the first exam it was very health care focused.  I told them about it, and they apologized and gave me my money back.  Unfortunately, they weren't able to supply me with CCEP practice tests.  Has anyone found a vendor that has them?  I usually perform best if I can take a few practice tests first.  Thanks for your help.

------------------------------
    Karl Schneider
    Manager - Compliance
    AGDC
    Richmond,VA
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: CCEP Exam Resources

Posted 07-26-2019 10:24 AM
    Hi Karl,

Welcome to the board.  In all fairness and honesty, no study guide or exam prep outside of HCCA/SCCE course will ever prepare you for  any of the exams.  I have taken many certifications and professional license exams in my time (including CHC and CHPC) and I would have to say this will be one of the more challenging exams you will take.  Granted the CCEP has a higher 1st time pass rate than CHC and CHPC, I would still expect a challenging exam.

From what I heard, they hit a lot on SOX and basic elements of compliance program.  I would STRONGLY contact Caityn Tobey on this board.  She has led a few CCEP study groups that have had immense success.  She would be an excellent resource and I believe she is currently running a group now.

Good luck!  Reach out to me if you decide to get your CHC or CHPC!  I could help you there.

Bill

Bill Wong, CHC, CHPC, CCS, CPC, CPMA, CDEO
    Corporate Compliance Supervisor
    Aon Hewitt - Healthpaws

Certification Disclaimer

• 3.  RE: CCEP Exam Resources

Posted 07-29-2019 08:51 AM
    Thanks for letting the group know about your experience!

Caitlyn (Kinney) Tobey, CHC, CIPP/US, CIPM

Certification Disclaimer

• 4.  RE: CCEP Exam Resources

Posted 09-24-2019 04:26 PM
    Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Compliance Manual to use as a study guide?  I was also wondering, would anyone know a place where I can obtain "live" CEU's at no cost or a discounted rate?

Thank you.

Crystal Kyllo
    Senior Compliance Manager
    Self
    Bozrah,CT

Certification Disclaimer

• 5.  RE: CCEP Exam Resources

Posted 09-24-2019 04:43 PM
    Go to Google or Bing and type in:  Free Compliance Webinars 2019

You'll see a whole listing of paid and free webinars.  I signed up for 8 last week and so far got 3 free CEUs (for re-cert).  Some of them have not been approved by HCCA/SCCE, but more than likely it will be, if is pertains to compliance, Privacy, or falls within one of the 7 Elements of a Compliance Program.  I've gotten many of my CEU's cross approved from AAPC, AHIMA, and SCCE.

As for study materials, follow the outline that is listed on SCCE's website in preparation for the test.  Make sure you know SCCE's version of Compliance 101.  That should be your Bible, because majority of the questions in one way shape or form are taken from there.  At least that is how it was for CHC and CHPC when I used their reference book (Compliance 101 and Privacy Manual, 1st Edition).

I hope this helps.

Bill Wong, CHC, CHPC, CCS, CPC, CPMA, CDEO
    Corporate Compliance Supervisor
    Aon Hewitt - Healthpaws

Certification Disclaimer