CCEP Candidate Group

Didnt pass the exam, guidance on how to tackle it

• 1.  Didnt pass the exam, guidance on how to tackle it

Posted 05-30-2019 05:04 PM
    I didnt clear the exam when i took it on 5/28.
    I have worked as an external auditor and currently working in business consultant role so i don't have much compliance experience other than SOX 404(controls related).

I have prepared for this exam by reading the 2019 manual from the website,but its just overwhelming and i feel like a lot of the topics on it don't even come in the exam(for example there is a good 100-200 pages on ensuring policy is written accurately and translated correctly in overseas office,but no questions came regarding it).

I am in a tough spot where i can only promote if i clear this exam,the deadline given to me is end of june.

What would be a more ideal and constructive way to tackle the exam other than reading the manual again?

I see alot of people mentioning listening to podcasts(which i didnt do last time), are there any good study guides that i can utilize?

Is there any study groups i can join?

Your guidance will be really appreciated.

Thank you

------------------------------
    Syed Yasser
    Consultant
    Ernst & Young
    Houston,TX
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: Didnt pass the exam, guidance on how to tackle it

Posted 05-31-2019 08:51 AM
    Hello -

I've been in a compliance role for 3 years and was a bit surprised by the format of the questions, so I can understand how you would struggle.  Now that you've seen the questions, I think it'll be easier for you to study effectively.

When you say 2019 manual do you mean the complete SCCE compliance and ethics manual?  If not, that was my best resource!

I would also be familiar with the DOJ guidance on an effective compliance program (just updated in April 2019).

The other option is attending the 3 day ethics institute before the exam.  I had a woman on my team who did that and was successful.

Ultimately, my biggest piece of advice is to answer the questions with BEST PRACTICES vs what might practically happen in an organization.  It's tough to shift that mindset. Happy to chat more, if you'd like.

Best of luck.

Sam

Samantha Brabant
    Manager, Compliance
    Des Plaines,IL

Certification Disclaimer

• 3.  RE: Didnt pass the exam, guidance on how to tackle it

Posted 05-31-2019 03:24 PM
    I would suggest taking Caitlyn Tobey's next study session.​