CCEP Candidate Group

Clarification on some CCEP questions

• 1.  Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 07-06-2019 02:01 AM
    Hello All,

I needed some help in clarifying few CCEP questions that I came across and the study notes I have been going through.
    One of the question I came across In the exam said something along the lines of:
    1) Company personnel is using internet to do something illegal, as a compliance officer what are your next(first steps).
        a) cut access of his internet access
        b) notify the HR
        c) have a chat with personnel
        d) figure out the damage done or investigate the issue

This question confuses me because based on the notes circulated on the forum, it mentions that we should first 'stop the bleeding' which makes me think that we should cut his access first, but then I have also read that we need to investigate the issue first, and that CEP doesn't have really access to do stuff like 'firing personnel/cutting internet connections/suspending people'. So my guess in regards to this question would be either A or D. (To clarify,i have kinda forgotten the specific answers,but they were somewhat similar to what I have mentioned above).

2) CEP is auditing certain department, and the department director is worried about the audit and tells the CEP to stop the audit of the department. As a CEP what is your first step.
        a) stop what you are doing
        b) notify the board/committee about the issue
        c) have a discussion with the director as to why he wants to stop it/clarify the issue with him
        d) continue the audit

Based on the notes I have gone through, it has mentioned to always talk it out with the personnel and clear things before raising it,but in this case should we first stop the audit and then talk with the director. So I am leaning more towards C than A.

3) 
    CEP has been tasked to do certain compliance activities and the budget/personnel allotted has been approved and finalized by the board. After some time CEP figures out that we need more personnel to perform the activites. what should be our first step
        a) narrow the scope
        b) try to manage the activities with the personnel in hand
        c) get help from another department
        d) do not perform activities yet and try to get in touch with board and explain the situation with them

I think I chose  in this question but I am not sure as of now because as mentioned earlier I don't remember the question and answers specifically,it was something along these lines.

4)
    During a meeting with staff and Directors,CEP is also attending the meeting and one of the directors mention that we need to perform extra compliance activities, at which point Directors makes a loud comment saying that these Compliance activities are taking way too much of our time and are not so useful. As a CEP what should you do.
        a) do not respond/retaliate in the meeting to that comment so it just goes by 
        b) reach out to the director after the meeting and clarify what his concerns are and explain the importance of it.
        c) explain the situation to Board 
        d) (I forgot the last option,lol).

In this question I wanted to chose 'B' because again we want to first clarify the situation with the person before raising it,but in this situation director raises the issue in front of all the staff which makes them think that Compliance is not that key and sets wrong precedent so I wanted to chose C as well.

Sorry for so much information here but these were some of my key questions as I have another exam coming up and based on the notes,it didn't help me clarify them. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Syed Yasser
    Consultant
    Ernst & Young
    Houston,TX
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 07-06-2019 10:05 AM
    Excellent questions, thanks for sharing and we look forward to hearing the response(s). Keeping you in prayer for the upcoming exam.
    Remain encouraged! 

Mailtrack Sender notified by
    Mailtrack 07/06/19, 10:03:25 AM

Certification Disclaimer

• 3.  RE: Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 07-06-2019 10:17 AM
    Thank you Syed for posting those

Judy

Certification Disclaimer

• 4.  RE: Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 07-08-2019 10:44 AM
    Wow! I love it that you shared these with us.  I have no idea how right or wrong I am going to be but I am providing my educated guesses! I am sitting for my exam in October so I am preparing feverishly as well.

1. D
    2. C (but in my company I would have a discussion with the director and continue my audit)
    3. A (this is a rock solid GUESS because I am really not sure about this one)
    4. B

I hope someone has all of the correct answers! I am interested as well.

Thanks!

Tammy L. Wright
    Compliance Officer
    Director, Compliance & Audit
    MTM, Inc.
    Lake St. Louis, MO

Certification Disclaimer

• 5.  RE: Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 07-08-2019 07:58 PM
    Thank you for that. As i was trying to refresh my memory,there was another question that popped up in my mind that i had
    1)Which of the following is best way to ensure C&E program resources are budgeted reasonable/in line with budget or effectively?
    A) Conduct risk assessment
    B) Conduct interview with managers/executives
    C) have consulation with other departments
    D) Review your educational activities

Can yall help me out in what the right answer would be. I am thinking its 'D' but again not 100%

Syed Yasser
    Consultant
    Ernst & Young
    Houston,TX

Certification Disclaimer

• 6.  RE: Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 08-21-2019 10:01 AM
    ​I would answer this as D as well.  Not sure if correct, but that is the answer I would put.

Jill Bowers
    Integrity & Compliance Coordinator
    Trinity Health
    Livonia, MI

Certification Disclaimer

• 7.  RE: Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 08-21-2019 10:26 AM

I would select, "A" and conduct a risk assessment to ensure C&E program resources are reasonably budgeted. I see reviewing educational activities, conducting interviews and consulting with other departments as elements of the assessment.

An understanding of the company's risks would allow me to develop a plan of action, as well as identify the resources (budget) needed for implementation.

Ta-Tanisha Thomas, MBA, CHC

Certification Disclaimer

• 8.  RE: Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 08-11-2019 10:56 AM
    Edited by David Levin 08-11-2019 10:57 AM
    Additional questions I remember:

It is reported to the CEP that the CFO is giving material non public info to a non employee family member. This is prohibited unless given an exception from the BOD. What is the first step the CEP should take:

1.) cut off computer access to the CFO

2.) meet with the CEO

3.) Report to the BoD

4.) report it to the SEC

After having a successful program up and running and employees trained on FCPA and no findings during audit and monitoring and interviewing who is the next group to be interviewed?

1.) Vendors

2.) customers

3.) Regulators

4.) BoD

A policy on policies is an example of

1.) Structural Policies

2.) Substantial policies

3.)

4.)

Training for employees who to go to high risk countries is an example of what?

1.) Substantial Policy

2.) Structural Policy

3.)

4.)

Which commission defines the steps to have an effective ethics and compliance program?

1.) USSG

2.) FCPA

3.) SOX

4.)

David

Certification Disclaimer

• 9.  RE: Clarification on some CCEP questions

Posted 08-21-2019 10:14 AM
    1. D
    2. C
    Syed,  For question 3 because it states what should be our first step I would answer B. (not sure if that is right tho) The word first is key..  In my mind I would try to manage activities with personnel I had first, then move to D if necessary.  Because D says do not perform activities yet, it leads me to believe the activities have not even started yet so how would one know if the current personnel couldn't handle.  Just my thinking..

3) CEP has been tasked to do certain compliance activities and the budget/personnel allotted has been approved and finalized by the board. After some time CEP figures out that we need more personnel to perform the activites. what should be our first step
        a) narrow the scope
        b) try to manage the activities with the personnel in hand
        c) get help from another department
        d) do not perform activities yet and try to get in touch with board and explain the situation with them

4.B

Do not know if any of these are correct, just how I would answer.

Jill Bowers
    Integrity & Compliance Coordinator
    Trinity Health
    Livonia, MI

Certification Disclaimer