2017 Compliance Institute

Safari Update!

• 1.  Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 07:38 AM
    All right...here's who I have signed up (listed by first name - alpha order) for our Safari through the land of Exhibition Hall!

- Ashlee W.
    - Caitlyn K.
    - Christopher D.
    - Donna G.
    - Erin J.
    - Jackie RG
    - Judith B
    - Kymmie C.
    - Marie W.
    - Nicole O.
    - Sherrie K.
    - Simonne P.
    - Susan G.
    - Tomi H.

To make this rival any previous experience, or if this is your first, even better....going through Exhibition Hall...I'd like you to provide some feedback on some of the services you'd be interested in learning about.  I've picked out a couple already but want to see what others are thinking about.  Like a good guide...I want to know where the group wants to go!

Go ahead and post onlist so that others on Safari can see what others are considering.  I've already got a few surprises for you as we prepare for our journey. Please note that I can't guarantee your safe return from the jungles of Exhibition Hall...but I can guarantee you will have fun along the way!  OK...maybe I can guarantee your safe return.  ☺

------------------------------
    Frank Ruelas
    19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference

• 2.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 09:04 AM

I would love to see any new FUN options to enhance compliance education.

Open to where ever else the group takes us through the jungle!!

Donna L. Gosselin RN, BSN, CHC

Director of Corporate Compliance and Quality

Maine Veterans' Homes

460 Civic Center Drive

Augusta, ME  04330

Mobile:  207-458-8604 Fax: 207-430-4242

Email: dgosselin@mainevets.org

. . . . . Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, forwarding, disclosure, or distribution by other than the intended recipient or authorized agent is prohibited.

• 3.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 09:11 AM

I am looking to see what other options there is for Compliance hotline calls.  I also like what Donna mentioned, as open to new ways to enhance compliance education/ even compliance week activities.

Thanks,

Simonne S. Paul, MBA

Compliance Manager

Trinity Health

Phone – (701) 857-3275

simonne.paul@trinityhealth.org

Description: Description: 849301016@23032010-2F92

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This transmission is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying of or taking of any action in reliance upon this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail.

Legal Disclaimer:  Nothing in this message purports to be nor should be relied upon as legal advice.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail.

• 4.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 09:25 AM
    Some other things to consider that folks emailed me are:
    - Exclusion Check Vendors
    - Pollicy management systems

Remember...we are just brainstorming so offer whatever you like.

Believe me...with just a few "areas of focus" we will have a good number of exhibitors to visit.

So our list so far includes vendors on:

- Training Material for Staff
    - Exclusion checks vendors
    - Policy management systems

Let's see about adding a few more!

Frank Ruelas

• 5.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 09:56 AM

HIPAA compliant labeling options for IV bags when the bag is labeled with specific patient PHI.

We are currently working on this project and it would be good to check out more than one vendor.

Sherrie

Sherrie A. King

Compliance Auditor

Appalachian Regional Healthcare System

828-263-1207

saking@apprhs.org

Them has left the building, it's just Us.

"Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong even if everyone is for it."

William Penn

­­  

• 6.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 09:30 AM

I am looking for a few things this year.

EMR appropriate access auditing services

Full compliance department assessment/audit – to come in and give me gaps and ideas on how to improve my program

How to keep super protected data (HIV, drug/alcohol, mental health) more secure. One of the items we struggle with as our organization implements the HIE and our Behavioral Health services move to the EMR is how to place an extra layer of protection on these types of services.

Thanks,

Confidentiality Notice: The documents accompanying this email transmittal in addition to the content of the email
    contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.
    The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in
    reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email transmittal in error,
    please notify the sender immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 7.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 09:48 AM

We have begun discussing demoing a compliance and regulatory tracking software so I was going to check out those vendors.

Sherrie

Sherrie A. King

Compliance Auditor

828-263-1207

saking@apprhs.org

"Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong even if everyone is for it."

William Penn

­­  

• 8.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 10:00 AM
    I think some of the Safari folks are also going to the dinner at Cadillac Ranch....we can also do some planning there as well and even up in the lounge at the hotel afterwards.  We will make sure to bring our copies of handouts that we will get at the CI which will list the vendors and their services.

This way we can "map" out our expedition!

Frank Ruelas

• 9.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 01:44 PM
    We can also map out the quicksand and danger areas. My danger area would be anywhere with sweets. Lol

Kym Creekmore, CHC
    Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer

The information contained in this message is intended for the sole confidential use of the designated recipients and may contain confidential information. If you received this information in error please notify us immediately by phone and return the original message back to us. Do not review, disseminate, distribute, or copy any information received in error.

• 10.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-17-2017 02:44 PM
    Regulatory tracking options, and as Kym pointed out - SWEETS! :)

Marie Wagner CHC
    Sr. Corp Compliance Coord
    The Queen's Health Systems
    Honolulu,HI

• 11.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-21-2017 10:29 AM

Advance education/ further degree... happy to do on my own if the group isn't interested. 

Kym Creekmore | CHC

Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer

Anonymous Compliance Hotline: 256.327.5222

Diatherix | Linking Diagnostics to Therapeutics

601 Genome Way | Suite 2100 | Huntsville, AL 35806

Office: 256.327.5222 | Cell: 256.426.1507 | Fax: 256.327.0954

www.diatherix.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 12.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-21-2017 10:33 AM
    Indeed...solo safari expeditions are encouraged!

Frank Ruelas

• 13.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-21-2017 11:06 AM

Lions, Tigers and Vendors, Oh My!!!

Sherrie A. King

Compliance Auditor

828-263-1207

saking@apprhs.org

William Penn

­­  

• 14.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-21-2017 11:13 AM
    I shall bring my compass to navigate the jungle...

Kym Creekmore,CHC
    Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer
    DIATHERIX Laboratories
    Huntsville, AL

• 15.  RE: Safari Update!

Posted 03-21-2017 12:18 PM
    Frank, please add me to your list.

Jodi Ridder CHC