2017 Compliance Institute

Putting the App to Work!

• 1.  Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 06:37 AM
    The HCCA mobile app is alive and well for the 2017 CI.  

As you can see in the screenshot below from the app on my phone...looking forward to connecting with folks for dinner and then up to the lounge later that evening after dinner for more connections and reconnections while settling in and getting ready for the CI.  All this following the volunteer project. (which is partially shown in the graphic as the blue at at the bottom edge at 4 PM)

------------------------------
    Frank Ruelas
    19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference

• 2.  RE: Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 08:13 AM

I like to be completely ready and organized early (halfway packed for the CI already).  So excited the app is up an functional.  My intentions are to fully utilize all the tools it encompasses!  Failed to do so in the past and won't make that same mistake this time!

Kym Creekmore | CHC

Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer

Anonymous Compliance Hotline: 256.327.5222

Diatherix | Linking Diagnostics to Therapeutics

601 Genome Way | Suite 2100 | Huntsville, AL 35806

Office: 256.327.5222 | Cell: 256.426.1507 | Fax: 256.327.0954

www.diatherix.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 3.  RE: Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 08:20 AM
    Kymmie,

Two questions:

#1 - Notes
    What do you think about using the app to take and send your notes on sessions you attend.  I really like this feature.  If you used a surface type device, this can really be convenient!

#2 - Primer on the app
    Are there any features of the app that you'd like to get some tips on?  Last year I did a video on YouTube that reviewed how to use the scheduler...many folks liked it.

OK...one more question makes 3...
    Did you get my test message that I sent to you using the app?

Frank Ruelas

• 4.  RE: Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 08:27 AM

1.    Not sure on the notes feature.  Haven't explored it much, yet.  Not sure how I would take notes on my phone so may try it out on my iPad. 

2.    Yes!  Watching videos is my preferred learning method...

3.    No, I did not get a message.  Just pulled it up again and still not there.  Sad face

Kym Creekmore | CHC

Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer

Anonymous Compliance Hotline: 256.327.5222

Diatherix | Linking Diagnostics to Therapeutics

601 Genome Way | Suite 2100 | Huntsville, AL 35806

Office: 256.327.5222 | Cell: 256.426.1507 | Fax: 256.327.0954

www.diatherix.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 5.  RE: Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 10:25 AM
    I use the notes feature on my phone every year. I always say that next year I will borrow an iPad from a family member, but never have.  I love not having to carry around my briefcase and notebook. 
    Getting to the messages is a bit tricky - I changed my notification settings to see if that helped.  If you click the link in the email notification, you don't get anywhere.  I had to go into "Message other Attendees" and click on Frank's name. 

--
    Tomi Hagan, MSN, RN, CHC
    (660) 748-8268
    tomikhagan@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 10:27 AM
    Tomi...try this.  Keep the app open in the background.  Then when you get a message through the app, you will get a notification on your screen which depending on your device, if you swipe it or click it, you will go to the messages section of the app.

Send me a test and keep the app open and I will bounce back a reply...this way you can test it.

Have a great day everyone!

Frank Ruelas

• 7.  RE: Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 11:28 AM
    Sent you a "Notification test" message

--
    Tomi Hagan, MSN, RN, CHC
    (660) 748-8268
    tomikhagan@gmail.com

• 8.  RE: Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 10:22 AM
    I love using the app to keep track of my schedule.  I have also started adding my "extracurricular" activities. 

--
    Tomi Hagan, MSN, RN, CHC
    (660) 748-8268
    tomikhagan@gmail.com

• 9.  RE: Putting the App to Work!

Posted 03-07-2017 10:27 AM
    Can't seem to get mine to load properly.  I updated in the app store and have 2016 CI (April 2016 dates, all my sessions from 2016, volunteer project from 2016, things to do in Las Vegas, etc.)

BUT.... it shows tweets for 2017 and I do not have a Twitter account.

Any suggestions on how I can get the full 2017 app loaded?

Cindy Hart LPN, CPA, CPC, CHC
    Compliance Professional
    CHAN Healthcare
    Horsham,PA & Port Charlotte, FL