2017 Compliance Institute

Are You Ready for a CRAZY idea?

• 1.  Are You Ready for a CRAZY idea?

Posted 02-15-2017 09:27 AM
    OK...some of us are definitely getting to the CI early on Saturday so we can participate in the Volunteer Project.  THE CREW and anyone else interested is seriously considering the CADILLAC RANCH as our first group dining experience on Saturday early evening.

Now here's the CRAZY part as we may have some new folks to the DC area going to the CI who might find the following tempting.

It would be VERY EASY to catch public transportation from the host hotel and get to the National Mall to do a walking tour of the area and its monuments.  If memory serves me correct (I worked in the DC area for a short time) we would leave the transit center near the host hotel by bus to the metro rail yellow line and then to the blue line.  The total round trip (bus and metro rail)  cost...maybe $10 (sign me up!).  One way taxi...about $40 one way or $80 round trip (though people could split a cab fare if they like)

So depending on interest, this could be a great opportunity for folks who have never been to DC to see it with new found friends at the CI.

Just something to think about.

------------------------------
    Frank Ruelas
    19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference

• 2.  RE: Are You Ready for a CRAZY idea?

Posted 02-16-2017 09:15 AM
    That sounds like a fabulous idea!

--
    Tomi Hagan, MSN, RN, CHC
    (660) 748-8268
    tomikhagan@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Are You Ready for a CRAZY idea?

Posted 02-16-2017 09:17 AM
    Thanks Tomi for weighing in.  Whether two or two dozen...I think folks who may want to give this a try are in for a treat.  Great photo ops as well!

Frank Ruelas

• 4.  RE: Are You Ready for a CRAZY idea?

Posted 02-16-2017 09:56 AM
    Would the DC tour be before, during, or after the Volunteer project?

Cindy Hart LPN, CPA, CPC, CHC
    Compliance Professional
    CHAN Healthcare
    Horsham,PA & Port Charlotte, FL

• 5.  RE: Are You Ready for a CRAZY idea?

Posted 02-16-2017 10:04 AM
    I was thinking directly after the Volunteer Project.

However, there may be others who want to go before or during the Project time which is from 1 - 4 PM.

BE CAREFUL....the agenda page shows the Volunteer Project from 7:30 to 12:00 PM....this is incorrect as I confirmed with HCCA (Patti Hoskin) that the time for the Volunteer Project shown on the Volunteer Project is correct...1 - 4 PM.

Another time folks may find very manageable is on Sunday as I know some folks get in on Sunday as well.

Frank Ruelas