2017 Compliance Institute

Vendor Safari...What Say You?

• 1.  Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 08:45 AM
    Kymmie's post prompted me to post the following:

Maybe some first timers and maybe some not so first timers might like to go on an exhibit hall "Safari".  About a dozen of us did this a couple of CIs ago and it was lots of fun, we met A LOT of vendors and people didn't have to feel pressured.

I called it "speedvendoring" because I would walk up to the vendor with the group and ask the vendor rep to introduce himself or herself and then they had two minutes to explain their services.  We would then take some of the vendor's business cards and then we were off to the next.  By the end of the "Safari" we had tons of info...tons of handouts...and I know some of the folks actually linked back to the vendors they found interesting and followed up.

Worked great and truth be told..I was just a bit too busy last CI to do it again...though some folks asked if I would.

So....hmmmm...maybe this year is a good one to do it again?

Anyone up for a "Vendor Safari"....to Kymmie's point...we can do this on Monday so we can take advantage of many of them being onsite.

What say you?
    (As I told people....at the CI things are non stop and move 100 MPH...you can always sleep on the trip back home!)

------------------------------
    Frank Ruelas
    19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference

• 2.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 08:47 AM

Monday Safari sounds great to me!!

Donna L. Gosselin RN, BSN, CHC

Director of Corporate Compliance and Quality

Maine Veterans' Homes

460 Civic Center Drive

Augusta, ME  04330

Mobile:  207-458-8604 Fax: 207-430-4242

Email: dgosselin@mainevets.org

. . . . . Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, forwarding, disclosure, or distribution by other than the intended recipient or authorized agent is prohibited.

• 3.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 08:50 AM
    Thanks Donna...that makes 2 so far.  What we will do depending if others join is huddle before Monday and take a look at the map of the exhibition hall (cue the jungle noises of birds and animals) and mark off those we want to visit in some sort of pattern such as moving down an aisle, back up the aisle and then to the next one...look out...a LION!...whew....just my imagine it was someone carrying a stuff animal from one of the vendors!

Frank Ruelas

• 4.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 08:56 AM

LOL, sounds like a blast!!

Also, if there is additional room would love to join the C. Ranch dinner club ... would love to see WJ on the bull!!  Hehehe.  I may be joined by my attorney partner in crime (it will be his first CI) ... would this  be okay with the group as well??

Maine Veterans' Homes

460 Civic Center Drive

Augusta, ME  04330

Mobile:  207-458-8604 Fax: 207-430-4242

Email: dgosselin@mainevets.org

. . . . . Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, forwarding, disclosure, or distribution by other than the intended recipient or authorized agent is prohibited.

• 5.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 09:00 AM
    I love the idea - count me in!

Tomi Hagan, MSN, RN, CHC
    (660) 748-8268

• 6.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 09:05 AM
    OK...now with Tomi on the Safari...I am afraid some of those vendors may have met their match!  Don't let Tomi's inviting smile and very friendly demeanor fool you...she will call someone out (professionally and politely...of course) if she thinks they are trying to pull a fast one!

Frank Ruelas

• 7.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 10:30 AM
    I promise to be on my very best behavior:)

My first year, I avoided the vendor hall the first day like the plague because I was afraid of getting sucked in to hard sales tactics.  But it really is not like that at all and I have met some great folks since then in the vendor hall.  Now, it's one of the things I really look forward to. 

Tomi Hagan CHC, RN, CHC
    Senior Consultant, Compliance
    Quorum Health Resources
    Brentwood, TN

• 8.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 10:35 AM

Count me in, thanks Frank.

Thanks,

Simonne S. Paul, MBA

Compliance Manager

Trinity Health

Phone – (701) 857-3275

simonne.paul@trinityhealth.org

Description: Description: 849301016@23032010-2F92

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This transmission is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying of or taking of any action in reliance upon this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail.

Legal Disclaimer:  Nothing in this message purports to be nor should be relied upon as legal advice.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail.

• 9.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 09:42 AM

I am interested Frank!

Erin Jack, RHIA, CHC, CHPC

Corporate Compliance Officer|Administration

532 W. Pittsburgh Street|Greensburg|PA 15601
    office
    |724-832-4072

cell|724-757-2349
    ejack@excelahealth.org

image002.png@01D075FB.23323B40

• 10.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 09:43 AM

Count me IN!

Kym Creekmore | CHC

Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer

Anonymous Compliance Hotline: 256.327.5222

Diatherix | Linking Diagnostics to Therapeutics

601 Genome Way | Suite 2100 | Huntsville, AL 35806

Office: 256.327.5222 | Cell: 256.426.1507 | Fax: 256.327.0954

www.diatherix.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 11.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 09:44 AM
    You are IN!  Looks like this is shaping up to be another interesting activity at the CI!

Frank Ruelas

• 12.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-16-2017 11:11 AM
    I would like to join the Safari!

Thanks Frank!!

Chris

Christopher Dixon CHC,MBA
    Mansfield,LA

• 13.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-16-2017 11:36 AM

I think I may need a giraffe head mask for this event!   I really like to embrace the theme! LOL

Kym Creekmore | CHC

www.diatherix.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

• 14.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-16-2017 12:52 PM
    Do it! I dare you!!!

Tomi Hagan, MSN, RN, CHC
    (660) 748-8268

• 15.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 08:48 AM

I'm interested

Ashlee Walden, J.D., CHC

Manager, HIPAA/Compliance

TOA – Central Billing Office

615-278-1682 phone

615-695-1483 fax

TOA Disclaimer: This transmission may contain privileged and confidential information, including patient health information protected by federal and state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you for your cooperation.

• 16.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 08:50 AM
    Make that 3 on Safari!

Frank Ruelas

• 17.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 09:12 AM
    Please count me in for the Monday vendor safari... It would definitely be nice to be able to compare/contrast offerings and take the heat out of going one on one with the vendors. 

Jackie

Jackie Robertson-Gutshall
    Compliance Officer
    Advanced Regional Center
    Altoona,PA

• 18.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 10:09 AM
    Absolutely up for participating in the Vendor Safari, what a great way to get through the vendor hall!

Judith Beda CHC,CHPC
    Assistant Compliance Officer
    Central Florida Health
    Leesburg,FL

• 19.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 01:56 PM
    Frank,

Please include me in the Safari. This is my first CI and I always hate approaching a vendor alone. Looking at the list of participants this will be a chance for me to learn from the best!!

Sherrie

Sherrie King
    Compliance Auditor
    Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
    Boone,NC

• 20.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 03:19 PM

I feel that Frank, as the leader, should wear a safari hat.  This will help us keep track of him!

Kym Creekmore | CHC

www.diatherix.com

• 21.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 03:26 PM
    Yes!!! Kym, that is a genius idea!!!
    Also, is Monday still our wear blue day?

Tomi Hagan, MSN, RN, CHC
    (660) 748-8268

• 22.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 03:33 PM

Yes, Monday is Blue Day!  Good thing a "safari hat" will go well with blue!

Kym Creekmore | CHC

www.diatherix.com

• 23.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-22-2017 02:27 PM
    Vendor Safari sounds like fun.  I have to find out my scheduled time to man the CHAN/Crowe booth.  So, if I can't join you, perhaps Crowe's booth can be a safari destination stop.

Cindy Hart LPN, CPA, CPC, CHC
    Compliance Professional
    CHAN Healthcare
    Horsham,PA & Port Charlotte, FL

• 24.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 02:25 PM
    I would love to safari.  Please count me in!!

Nicole Owens, JD, CHC
    Compliance Officer
    University Health Conway
    Monroe,LA

• 25.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-15-2017 03:27 PM
    Like Sherrie, sometimes it's tough to approach some of the vendors alone. I will be glad to join in!

Marie Wagner CHC
    Sr. Corp Compliance Coord
    The Queen's Health Systems
    Honolulu,HI

• 26.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-16-2017 12:04 AM
    All right...a vendor Safari on Blue Monday is on!

One thing I ask is that everyone bring enough business cards to match the number of vendors we are visiting.  This way, if people are interested in getting more information they can leave a business card with the vendor.  However, don't feel pressured to do so because one of the "takeaways" from the vendor will be the business card of the person who was given the 2 minutes to describe the products or services.

This way by the end of the Safari YOU have a collection of business cards of who we visited.  I also get the business cards FIRST from the vendor so this way you can write notes on the back during the vendor's mini presentation.

Worked very, very well last time.  Feedback, thoughts?

One pre-Safari activity could be that we all sit at the same or adjoining tables so we can figure out which vendors we want to visit.  We can then go on Safari during the Networking Reception from 5:30 to 7:00 PM on Monday evening...but I am totally open to suggestions.

For example, last time there were enough people that we went on Safari also during one of the general sessions which worked great because we essentially had the whole exhibit hall practically to ourselves.

Frank Ruelas

• 27.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-16-2017 05:41 AM
    Love the idea of getting business cards first and taking notes on them .... brilliant!!

I am open to either of your suggestions ��

Maine Veterans' Homes

Mobile:207-458-8604

Email: dgosselin@mainevets.org

Confidentiality Notice: The material in this transmission is either private, confidential, privileged or constitutes work product protected by law and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, copying, or taking of any action in reliance of this information is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by calling 207-622-0075.

Sent from my iPhone

• 28.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-16-2017 06:29 AM
    I'm interested, first time at CI. 

Thanks,
    Susan

Susan Hill BSN
    Audit & Compliance Coordinator
    Nanticoke Memorial Hospital
    Seaford, DE

• 29.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-16-2017 07:04 AM
    Susan...glad to have you join the Safari!

I will be going over the eGroup in the next few minutes and getting a roll call so we know who is onboard.

Frank Ruelas

• 30.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-16-2017 11:42 AM
    This sounds like a great idea!!

Caitlyn Kinney
    Concord,MA

• 31.  RE: Vendor Safari...What Say You?

Posted 03-17-2017 11:46 AM
    Awesome idea! Count me in.

Jodi Ridder CHC
    Compliance Officer
    Buchanan County Health Center
    Independence,IA