2017 Compliance Institute

Are you a runner?

• 1.  Are you a runner?

Posted 01-31-2017 09:23 AM
    Frank always does a great job of getting people out walking at CI; this year I wanted to see if there were any runners that wanted to meet each morning for an easy run to shake out the legs! There is a great running trail near the Gaylord that allows for any distance you might want to go.  While I am a 10 minute mile guy, all paces and all faces are welcome.  If there is an interest we can firm up times and locations closer to CI.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in DC!

Gary

------------------------------
    Gary Jones CHC,CHPC
    Attorney
    Midwest Compliance Associates, LLC
    Cedar Falls,IA
    19th Annual CEI Virtual Conference

• 2.  RE: Are you a runner?

Posted 01-31-2017 09:44 AM
    Gary...are you talking about the trail that goes along the edge of the harbor?  That is an excellent trail.  I think from the hotel to where the trail meets the freeway and back is just under 1.4 miles so a nice close to 3 mile round trip run.  What's very nice is about a mile out there is a bridge which provides a wonderful view of the hotel and in the morning...the sun shining off the glass of the atrium is quite a sight.

Frank Ruelas

• 3.  RE: Are you a runner?

Posted 01-31-2017 09:48 AM
    Edited by Frank Ruelas 01-31-2017 09:49 AM
    Below is a graphic of the trail I am referring to.

Frank Ruelas

• 4.  RE: Are you a runner?

Posted 02-01-2017 09:10 AM
    Yes Frank, that is the trail.  I enjoyed it greatly last time we were in DC for the Institute.  You can add as many miles as you wish by crossing the bridge because the trail continues for quite a distance.  Hopefully between walkers and runners we can get a lot of people up and moving!

Gary Jones CHC,CHPC
    Attorney
    Midwest Compliance Associates, LLC
    Cedar Falls,IA

• 5.  RE: Are you a runner?

Posted 02-01-2017 01:33 PM
    I don't run.  If I'm not in the pool doing laps (anyone want to join me in that?) I may join in for a walking crew, depending on the weather!  Although I grew up on the East Coast and did live through many winters, I don't have a big collection of warm clothing anymore :)  That time of year, the weather can be variable, if I recall.

Marie Wagner CHC
    Sr. Corp Compliance Coord
    The Queen's Health Systems
    Honolulu,HI

• 6.  RE: Are you a runner?

Posted 02-10-2017 01:55 AM
    I'm way in on walking, but not so much running!  A few years ago, I had an ambitious moment and thought perhaps I could become a runner.  I made it about a quarter mile and told my daughter (who was running with me, not sweating, not even breathing heavy), "Call 911.  Your momma is not gonna make it home."  Of course, I did make it home, walking/limping along.  And I retired from my short lived running life.

Tomi Hagan CHC, RN, CHC
    Senior Consultant, Compliance
    Quorum Health Resources
    Brentwood, TN