CCEP Candidate Group

Thank You For Another Great Study Group

• 1.  Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 02-13-2020 09:35 AM
    Thank you Cait for another study group.  Your time, knowledge, and subject matter expertise did not go unnoticed.

Thanks for all the tips and pointers you gave.  You are spot on on majority of those items and I wished I would have attended all 4 sessions of your group before taking the CCEP.  However, I was able to use your great list of resources which helped me pass.

Thanks for all your hard work!  I think that you and Frank should run for board next year. You both can being great new perspective in a constantly changing field such as compliance.  The New Breeds of Compliance.

I would vouch for you if needed!

Thanks again.!!

Have a great week!

------------------------------
    Bill Wong, CHC, CHPC, CCEP, CCS, CPC, CPMA, CDEO
    Corporate Compliance Supervisor
    Aon Hewitt - Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation
    Certification Disclaimer

• 2.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 02-13-2020 11:53 AM
    I agree!  This is one reason I love being a part of this group.  People helping and encouraging each other!  And going above and beyond to provide such helpful resources, especially Bill, Frank and Cait.​

Ann Dunham
    MBA, SPHR, CHC, CHRC
    Compliance Officer
    Hannibal Regional Healthcare System
    Hannibal, MO

Certification Disclaimer

• 3.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 02-13-2020 12:25 PM
    Cait, thank you for leading the Feb CCEP study group.  It was well organized and your knowledge of both the test and real-life compliance are evident is how you lead the study group.  The group has given me confidence in my prep and taking the test.

I highly recommend that anyone contemplating taking the CCEP or CHC test attend one of Cait's study groups when offered.  The resources that are provided are relevant and up-to-date.  References alone are worth the time invested, but the discussions provided give vital information to apply to a your company's compliance and ethics program.

This study group had the added benefit of having Bill Wong participate and provide his knowledge of compliance and the CCEP test taking process.  Thanks Bill.​

Also a shoutout to Frank--I lost count of the number of times he (and his extensive numbers of scenario questions and test taking aids) were mentioned.

Again a BIG THANKS to Cait.

Lloyd Hemmert
    Compliance & Ethics Officer
    Hill Country MHDD Centers
    Kerrville,TX
    [lhemmert@hillcountry.org]

Certification Disclaimer

• 4.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 02-14-2020 09:17 AM
    Thank you, Cait! It was wonderful as usual. :)

Brittanie Terrell, MS,CHC, CHPC
    HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer

Certification Disclaimer

• 5.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 02-14-2020 09:46 AM

Great group, thank you so much for your time and effort.

Thank you,

CINDY SHAVATT
    DIRECTOR OF COMPLIANCE / DIRECTOR OF ACCREDITATION PROCESSES
    Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
    6021 University Boulevard, Suite 500
    Ellicott City, MD 21043
    phone  800-838-2110 (ext 248) or 443-973-3239
    fax  866-663-5663
    web  intersocietal.org

shavatt@intersocietal.org

IAC   Improving Health Care Through Accreditation®    
    VASCULAR TESTING . ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY . NUCLEAR/PET . MRI . CT . DENTAL CT
    CAROTID STENTING . VEIN CENTER . CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY . CARDIOVASCULAR CATHETERIZATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Quality Certified Organization  ISO 9001:2015 • ISO 27001:2013

Certification Disclaimer

• 6.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 02-14-2020 12:04 PM
    Thank you so much, Cait for the study group. While I am not currently studying for the CCEP, the information was valuable for studying for the CHC exam. I only missed passing by three points so I am taking every learning opportunity I can. Thanks again!

Cassie Brazelton
    Regulatory Compliance Coordinator
    West Jordan,UT

Certification Disclaimer

• 7.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 02-14-2020 02:58 PM
    Thanks Bill and everyone who participated in the most recent study group! Glad to serve as a resource for the compliance community.

Caitlyn Tobey, CCEP-I, CHC, CIPP/US/E, CIPM

Certification Disclaimer

• 8.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 04-13-2020 08:15 PM
    Hi Caitlyn,

My name is Mark Ireland and I am new to the SCCE community. I keep hearing wonderful things about your study group. When will you be hosting your next one? I work at Deloitte Advisory and I specialize in internal controls and compliance. I'm looking to get my CCEP certification.

Would purchasing the The Complete Compliance and Ethics Manual and reading through that be enough to pass the test? Would love to get your expertise on the matter. Thanks!

Mark Ireland
    Consultant
    Deloitte
    Alexandria,VA

Certification Disclaimer

• 9.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 04-13-2020 08:43 PM
    Hi Caitlyn,

One last thing. I'd love to get any presentation slides you might have. My email is maireland@deloitte.com

Thanks!​

Mark Ireland
    Consultant
    Deloitte
    Alexandria,VA

Certification Disclaimer

• 10.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 04-15-2020 02:38 PM
    Hi Mark, welcome!  I am also studying for the CCEP exam and have found this group to be very helpful.  I would suggest a search for all of Bill Wong's posts, as he has a great curation of resources including some of Caitlyn's slides from previous study groups.  I would also suggest taking a look at another thread in this group called "tips for studying for the exam" (or something similar) - I found a video from Frank Ruleus which shows how to access the "library" for this group and the CHC study group (similar materials) and posted instructions in that thread.

Finally, I would recommend reviewing all the resources listed in the  CCEP handbook.  It may seem daunting at first but I've been chipping away for a while, and it's not too bad.  Many people, myself included, recommend the "Compliance 101" book - it's a great overview.
    Let me know if you can't find any of the mentioned resources, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions!  This is a great group.
    Best,
    Mona Kay

Mona Kay Rifi
    Principal
    Innovate Compliance
    Hopewell,NJ

Certification Disclaimer

• 11.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 04-15-2020 02:45 PM
    Also in case it's helpful, here's a study approach that I posted on LinkedIn - it just helped me learn and understand some of the content:

My studying approach for this week (see below), and pausing to thank Thomas FoxCaitlyn W Tobey, and Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE).
    Here's how I've synthesized some of the vast study content for the Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional exam:
    · Listen to Tom Fox podcast "31 Days to a Better Compliance Program" (January)
    · Read (or re-read) each reference mentioned
    · 2012 FCPA Guidance, 10 Hallmarks of an Effective Compliance Program
    · 2019 DOJ Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs
    · FCPA Corporate Enforcement Act
    · Review other references that either correspond with or are mentioned in the above references
    · US Sentencing Guidelines Ch. 8 (which I just re-read)
    · The Benczkowski Memo
    · The Yates Memo (not mentioned, but it cross-references many of the above)
    Reviewing these references together and listening to Tom's analysis is really helping me understand the common elements and key points; as well as the underlying context for all references.
    I also strongly suggest the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics organization (SCCE) and its social network SCCE Net, especially the CCEP Candidate Community. Most of my study content has come from this incredibly supportive group.

Mona Kay Rifi
    Principal
    Innovate Compliance
    Hopewell,NJ

Certification Disclaimer

• 12.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 04-15-2020 07:36 PM
    Hi Mona Kay,

Thanks so much for the useful information. I'll take a look. Yes, this seems like an incredibly helpful community. I hope to take the exam in the next two to three months. I'll be in touch!

Mark

Mark Ireland
    Consultant
    Deloitte
    Alexandria,VA

Certification Disclaimer

• 13.  RE: Thank You For Another Great Study Group

Posted 05-03-2020 10:53 AM
    Here's the link to all the podcasts on Corporate Compliant Insights, where I found the podcast I referenced:   https://www.corporatecomplianceinsights.com/category/compliance-podcasts/ 
    The podcast is called "FCPA Compliance Report", and if you find the episodes which start in January of this year, you'll see Tom Fox's "31 Days to a Better Compliance Program" which addresses some of the basics.  You should also be able to search for the podcast title (FCPA Compliance Report) on any podcast platform.  For instance, I have "Podbean" downloaded on my phone - I searched in the app and the podcast came right up.

I've been "unscheduled" for my CCEP exam by the exam center because of coronavirus (not complaining, completely understandable given the circumstances)...I'm still studying, and trying to retain everything so that when we open back up and I can get myself rescheduled to take the exam I'll remember everything!  Study on, everyone!

Mona Kay Rifi
    Principal
    Innovate Compliance
    Hopewell,NJ

Certification Disclaimer