Nonprofit Compliance

View Only
  • 1.  Job Titles for Compliance

Posted 03-11-2022 04:28 PM
    Hi there,

I'm trying to find some resources to review job titles for compliance roles, particularly for non-profits. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you!

Kindly,

Carolyn

------------------------------
    Carolyn Price
    Internal Policy Coord
    CocoKids
    Concord,CA
    HCCA Membership

• 2.  RE: Job Titles for Compliance

Posted 03-14-2022 08:40 AM
    I have heard many titles.  Mine is Compliance Officer and HIPAA Privacy Officer.  I have heard VP - Compliance, Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Privacy Officer.  I am sure there many others.

You could look at the HCCA Members community list and get more ideas.

Ann Dunham
    MBA, SPHR, CHC, CHRC
    Compliance Officer
    Hannibal Regional Healthcare System
    Hannibal, MO

HCCA Membership

• 3.  RE: Job Titles for Compliance

Posted 03-14-2022 11:46 AM
    Hi Carolyn,

I work for a nonprofit as well, and we use the titles of Compliance Director and Compliance Manager (currently vacant).  We have some specialty roles over areas such as food service, and other specific areas of compliance.  We formally appointed the Compliance Director role (me) as the Compliance Officer. Lots of good examples of Compliance Job Descriptions online.  I usually look at job boards for ideas if I need to create a new role.  Is the compliance roles you are looking for guidance on Corporate Compliance or are they more specific meeting a certain requirement such as privacy or other regulatory requirement?

Jennifer Simek
    Compliance Director
    PRIDE Industries
    Roseville,CA

HCCA Membership

• 4.  RE: Job Titles for Compliance

Posted 03-14-2022 12:59 PM

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, it's a change in my title to more accurately reflect the work that I actually do. While I do oversee the internal policies, etc., I'm also the HIPAA Privacy Officer. I've also got a few other subtitles. We've got less than 100 employees right now but we're adding at a fast clip so it looks like we could be in the low 90s in the next month or two.

Kindly,

Carolyn

Carolyn Price

Internal Policy Coordinator

1035 Detroit Ave., Suite 200, Concord, CA 94518

Phone: (925) 265-6532

Fax: (925) 265-6368

www.CocoKids.org

Received cash aid the last two years? You may be eligible to get help paying for child care.
    Apply here or go to https://www.cocokids.org/cocokids-child-care-fund.

Find us on Facebook! ">https://www.linkedin.com/company/contra-costa-child-care-council/about/">Find us on LinkedIn! Find us on Twitter! Find us on Amazon Smile! Donate now!

CocoKids | Childhood Champions

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments, contains information from CocoKids which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.

Secured by Paubox - HITRUST CSF certified Secured by Paubox - HITRUST CSF certified

HCCA Membership

• 5.  RE: Job Titles for Compliance

Posted 03-29-2022 03:00 PM
    Hi Carolyn!
    Since I arrived here 2 years ago we have had a number of iterations due to various corporate changes. My supervisor is the Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel (she is an attorney). I am the VP of Compliance.  The Director of Compliance and Performance Improvement (compliance, risk and PQI are all in our department) reports to me.  There are 3 additional full-time positions.  Recently we made these all the same; Compliance and Quality Analysts. I am happy to forward job descriptions to you directly if you would like.Good luck!
    Freda

Freda Driscoll-Sbar
    Vice President of Compliance
    Center for Human Development
    Springfield,MA

HCCA Membership