Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer Health Care

View Only
  • 1.  Compliance Accountability In JDs

Posted 05-16-2022 12:03 PM
    Hello everyone,

I'm curious to know if anyone here ensures that compliance obligations are clearly articulated in their organization's job description.

Daniel

------------------------------
    Daniel Goldenberg
    Compliance Professional
    Default Blank

• 2.  RE: Compliance Accountability In JDs

Posted 05-17-2022 06:55 AM
    We have some compliance references in our JD's. Our JD's are a little on the longer/more comprehensive side though.
    The following are items we have incorporated: abuse reporting expectations, hipaa/privacy expectations, compliance reporting expectations, and that they will follow the Code of Conduct. Most JD's  have a statement that they will report illegal or unethical behaviors. Supervisors have a little bit more with a statement about listening to concerns and ensuring staff understand their responsibilities under the CoC. We keep it really simple in the JD because the review of the Code of Conduct is part of the same process so we did not feel detail was really necessary.

Bethanne VanderMolen
    Chief Compliance Officer/Director of Risk Management
    Choice Health Management Services, LLC
    HICKORY,NC

Default Blank

• 3.  RE: Compliance Accountability In JDs

Posted 05-17-2022 09:04 AM
    It's nice to see that though they sound like they may be a bit lengthy or comprehensive...it sounds like your job descriptions have an element of simplicity which in my opinion is a nice move!

Posted: 7:05 AM AZ time

-------------Frank "Snake Bite Leader" Ruelas--------------
    ► We don't fail unless we quit! ◄

Default Blank

• 4.  RE: Compliance Accountability In JDs

Posted 05-17-2022 07:19 AM
    No. It's typically a heavy lift especially in large organizations to make even the slightest modification to a job description. I think a better approach is to approach this culturally. Include it in trainings as well as documents such as the Code of Conduct to set clear expectations that everyone is responsible for compliance.

Brenda Manning J.D., C.H.C., C.H.P.C.

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer. They are not meant to constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.bkmanning1@yahoo.com

Default Blank