Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer Health Care

PSAs - One Year Agreement Early Termination

• 1.  PSAs - One Year Agreement Early Termination

Posted 30 days ago

One of our physicians entered into a one year Medical Directorship agreement that meets the exception in Stark.  Physician resigns position for health reasons.  Since the position is only for one(1) year, and we must have a surgical services director, does the new director have to enter into a one (1) year agreement or can we just have him for the remainder of the term for the original director?  I am unable to locate any authority on this issue.

Kathy

Kathy P. Hurst BSN, MSN, JD, Esq., RN, GN-BC, CHC

Compliance Officer

Hurst Consulting Group LLC

4842 Francis Avenue

Chino CA 91710

Ph: (714) 337-3393

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this document is intended solely for use by the person(s) or entity(ies) identified above.  This electronically transmitted document may contain privileged and confidential information including information which may be protected by the attorney-client and/or work product privileges or information that is protected by HIPAA.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the contents of this transmission is prohibited.  If you received this transmission in error, please notify me at (714) 337-3393 and permanently delete this message without making a copy.

2019 HCCA Compliance Institute

• 2.  RE: PSAs - One Year Agreement Early Termination

Posted 29 days ago

In my opinion (and I am NO EXPERT), you can enter into an agreement/contract that has a term of less than one year.  Contracts are normally governed by state law. I would just detail the background of the situation in the Recital section.

Cinda

******************************************* This message and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

2019 HCCA Compliance Institute