Chief Compliance and Ethics Officers Health Care

When issues are referred to legal

• 1.  When issues are referred to legal

Posted 8 days ago
    I would like to develop a policy for when matters are referred to legal. Currently we do not have a defined escalation process. Does anyone have a policy they can share? It sounds informal but basically legal is involved for very sensitive issues or incidents that could potentially result in investigations, lawsuits, etc. and/or when I  can't find the answer. I should also mention we do not have an attorney on staff. We seek outside counsel in the event we need it.

------------------------------
    Savannah Knuettel CHC
    Compliance Coordinator
    Galen Medical Group
    Hixson,TN

The views expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of my employer or clients. They are not meant to constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

• 2.  RE: When issues are referred to legal

Posted 8 days ago
    I would be interested to know this as well.

Taylor Lynch
    Compliance Manager
    Queenscare
    Pasadena,CA

• 3.  RE: When issues are referred to legal

Posted 6 days ago

We are in the process of drafting a standard work process flow in compliance investigations.  We are at a minimum going to request legal guidance whenever there might be a potential implication of the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, Fraud/Waste/Abuse laws and/or other laws.

Jim

Jim Bowman, CHC

Regional Compliance Manager

Description: <a href=image001.jpg@01D1632B.910962B0">

Office of Compliance and Integrity

80 Seymour Street

Hartford, CT 0610

860-972-4093 Office

860-214-6147 Cell

860-545-3550 Fax

If received in error, please notify me by

e-mail and delete this message

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any attachments.

• 4.  RE: When issues are referred to legal

Posted 5 days ago
    Savannah,

I assisted in writing this policy: Reporting Compliance & Ethics Concerns ("Whistleblower Policy") - University Policies - Confluence
    Rowan remove preview
    Reporting Compliance & Ethics Concerns ("Whistleblower Policy") - University Policies - Confluence
    Global Compliance logs each and every report. Whether you use the Integrity Hotline Phone number or website the Rowan University-Integrity Hotline allows you to report issues and concerns you may have (regarding but not limited to), unethical behavior, inappropriate conduct, bullying, harassment, and any other violation to Rowan University policies.
    View this on Rowan >

Go to attachment 3 for the investigation process.
    Patrick Guilfoyle BA, RN, BSN, CFE, CHPC

Patrick Guilfoyle CHPC
    Tabernacle,NJ