Chief Compliance and Ethics Officers Health Care

Audit Protocol differences 2016 to 2018

• 1.  Audit Protocol differences 2016 to 2018

Posted 7 days ago
      |   view attached
    Attached is a copy of the differences between the 2016 and 2018 versions of the OCR Audit Protocol page.
    https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/compliance-enforcement/audit/protocol/index.html

I happened to have saved the 2016 version pasted directly into Word. I took that version and copied it into an old text editor that I like to still use and did the same for the new 2018 version. I then ran an old Diff program against the two text versions, comparing the two versions. I saved the results into a Word document that is attached. The Diff program display the line numbers as found from the text files. You may have to search a bit to find the actual location of the changes.

Only lines with changes in them are displayed. Gray means nothing changed in that part of the text. Red is text from the old version that is being replaced. Blue is text from the new version that is being inserted.

The comparison includes the introduction section. I've just started reading through the changes. But at a quick glance it appears most of the changes are in the introduction section and then mostly the Breach section.

I hope this helps everyone. I'll be sure to update my version with the changes.

------------------------------
    Carl Russell
    Compliance Analyst
    Delta Dental of Idaho
    Boise,ID

Anything I say is my sole opinion and not of my company.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Audit Protocol differences 2016 to 2018

Posted 7 days ago

Carl,

You are a true life and time saver to do all this. Thank you so much!

Kathy Fazio

Description: COPC LOGO

Kathy Fazio, MS, RHIA, CHC, CPC, CPMA

Compliance Officer                                                                          

Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians

655 Africa Road

Westerville, Ohio 43082

Phone: 614-818-2055

kfazio@copcp.com

• 3.  RE: Audit Protocol differences 2016 to 2018

Posted 7 days ago
    Awesome, Carl.  Thanks so much. CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

David Garrison CHC,CHPC
    Compliance/Privacy Officer
    SEARHC
    Juneau,AK

• 4.  RE: Audit Protocol differences 2016 to 2018

Posted 6 days ago

Thank you so much for sharing, Carl!  This should be very helpful for us all.

Happy Friday,

Brenda

-------> ##################################### This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain private, proprietary, or legally privileged information. No privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Health First reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity; and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions. #####################################

• 5.  RE: Audit Protocol differences 2016 to 2018

Posted 6 days ago
    ​Thank you for this Carl!  Outstanding!
    Cinda

Cinda
    Compliance/Ethics & Privacy Director
    Ohio