Turning the Mirror Around: Lessons from Ethics & Compliance Management in the Media
• Some of the most complex ethics issues that there are.
– Multiple codes of ethics in place
• Many of the same challenges of all businesses.
– Conflicts of Interest
– Sales issues
• Unique issues for creative arts.
– What do you do about sexual harassment education when sex appeal is what you’re selling?
• Special considerations for news industry.
– Trust is bedrock of value but easy to destroy
– Truth is often in the eye of the beholder
– Questions about what constitutes news
– What you have the right to report is not always what is right to report
• Special considerations for entertainment industry.
– Is judging whether content should be published a question for ethics and compliance people?
– Do you tolerate hiring executives which would fail a background check anywhere else?
#Universities #Consulting #RegulationsandLaws #Communication #LawFirms #News