Privacy Officer's Roundtable

Latest Discussion Posts

• ​​I just attended a great 1 hour private group learning session with Frank Ruelas and a some very engaging compliance professionals. What a great way to learn. Knowhow is now know "how." Thanks to Frank. I encourage folks to try and attend any of his ...

• Thank you. This seems to be the way to go! Tara Yeaton, RHIT, CHPC Director of HIM Operations Deputy Privacy Officer MaineGeneral Medical Center ------Original Message------ We do the same thing as David. It is not ...

• We do the same thing as David. It is not PHI and therefore is marked differently in the EMR with a HRN. ------------------------------ Savannah Knuettel Compliance Officer Galen Medical Group Hixson,TN The views expressed herein are my own and do not ...

• Thank you for replying. We have a process now where the lab staff enter the order and is supposed to mark it so it does not go in the EMR. It is the human that is making the error by not marking it all the time, as it is not electronically ordered. ...

• To me since this is an employment issue it would not be considered PHI.  Whether it's in your EHR or not is up to you, however, I would try to figure out a way to mark it as "non-PHI" as I don't think it could be disclosed unless specifically authorized ...