Privacy Officer's Roundtable

View Only

Polls

Latest Discussion Posts

• Does anyone have a policy that is for Company social media content creation, access, content reviews, responding to comments, etc? ------------------------------ Leeanna Williams Bradley County Medical Center Warren,AR ------------------------------

• Thank you all for the feedback and support.  I am sticking to my request that we obtain an authorization from the "patient" and I will be asking that a BAA be signed.   It is so helpful for my department of one when I have this group to solicit feedback ...

• If you're a covered entity then I'd say you need an authorization from the resident to disclose their information to the referral agency.  I don't think the referral agency is a BA as they are not providing a function on your behalf. ------------------------------ ...

• If the organization is not operating as a Business Associate and they are not a HIPAA Covered Entity, then you are correct, you cannot share patient information with them absent written patient authorization. I would put this back in the lap of the referral ...

• I'm not totally up to speed on all the services provided in senior living, personal care, and assisted living - is the information you are sharing covered under the defition of PHI, thus subject to HIPAA and then BAA requirements?  (Snip from HHS.gov ...