Behavioral Health Care

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi all.   So we all know last week both the CMS COVID-19 IFR and the OSHA ETS were released.  As of this weekend, the OSHA ETS has been halted due to pending litigation, thus bringing about another challenge for companies.  However, in any of the released ...

• Thank you, all, for your valuable input.  I have scoured HHS's website, reviewed SAMHSA's Part 2 regulations, picked through our State laws and regulations, reviewed many articles, and even reviewed the ACA Code of Ethics. I found nothing that gave extra ...

• Hi Sophie,  I had posted a similar question a while back regarding the difference between clinical progress notes and psychotherapy notes.  I've attached a document that I put together for our staff. There is some reference to Arizona specifically so ...

• Hi all, I can't tell you how many conversations I've had about "psychotherapy notes".  I think Freda's response hits the nail on the head regarding the defining factor, i.e., personal notes held outside the designated record set (CFR 45, Section 164.524).  ...

• While I am certain you've read this it is worth reiterating what DHHS says: " The Privacy Rule defines psychotherapy notes as notes recorded by a health care provider who is a mental health professional documenting or analyzing the contents of a conversation ...