Privacy Officer's Roundtable

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi, Savannah. I'm wondering if you were able to locate guidance on this method, i.e., a P&P delineating how a patient may request their records.  I recall having seen guidance that indicates you should not require a patient to request their records in ...

• Thank you all. We are taking the steps to determine what type of actor we are and how we are currently sharing EHI. However, I think a policy is an important step, particularly in terms of educating staff and justifying any exception that may be used. ...

• I do envision creating an Information Blocking Policy because I've been asked to help write it. LOL. However, I find with projects such as this, that is often the last step. As Michelle points out, this isn't necessarily about a single policy. This is ...

• ​My understanding is that you would make sure you document in policy and procedures your release of records process with Info Blocking safe harbor exceptions to this law, e.g. specially protected tests, Part II program.  There is more to this, but I will ...

• We are looking to create something similar as well and would love to see what others have or are planning.  Like Savannah we are in the early stages of developing a plan and documenting a process as well. ------------------------------ Hannamarie Allison ...