Chief Compliance and Ethics Officers Healthcare

Latest Discussion Posts

• In my own experience working in HIV, as an HIV clinic you can assume a lot just by putting the patients names on our schedules, however we would never list anyone's diagnosis on a schedule. if they are coming in for testing, we would just indicate testing, ...

• You're welcome. Happy to provide input. ------------------------------ Brenda Manning J.D., C.H.C., C.H.P.C. Compliance Director, Privacy Carilion Administrative Services Building, Ste. 1201 213 S. Jefferson Street Roanoke, VA 24011 (540) 224-5757 Fax: ...

• Thanks to each of you for taking the time to respond!  I have made the following recommendations to our providers and scheduling staff: 1. Change our initial Reason for Visit to Family Planning + designated test code, with no specific references AND ...

• Covered entities have an obligation under both the privacy and security rule to implement administrative, physical and technical safeguards to prevent the inappropriate use and disclosure of PHI.  If this isn't necessary, aligned with industry standards ...

• Our EMR schedules also list the reason for visit but you should be able to restrict the access to the schedule to certain group of people (front desk, provider, and their clinical staff) I agree with Cinda I don't think there is a rule against it but ...