Chief Compliance and Ethics Officers Healthcare

Latest Discussion Posts

• Some of you participated in the survey which I sent out about the LEIE (some of you are in the LEIE group and also some of you attended the CI where we talked about this) which was posted in another location. I will not share some of the data obtained ...

• This is a huge area of confusion...in my view...because quite frankly...people often do no understand the basic ideas on the use of hand scanners or other devices to capture biometric data for identification purposes to be used for time clock checking ...

• Not something I deal with but I do manage employee privacy in addition to patients. Employees are VERY concerned about their privacy as are patients. I would think it wise to research HR laws in this arena and adopt that standard including notice, consent ...

• Good morning, I'm curious to know if others are documenting consent prior to collecting biometric data on employees.  Examples might be fingerprints used to clock in, access a safe, etc. or retinal scans used for accessing certain areas of a building. ...

• Good afternoon, Wondering how you interpret Medicare and MAC rules regarding billing of incident to when a NPP changes medication dosages. Do you consider that a change to the original plan of care and therefore if dosage is changed by an NPP, the visit ...