HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• Way to go, Misty!  What an endeavor that must have been to get through it all!  Good to see you here again. Have a great weekend- ------------------------------ Marie Wagner, CHC, CHRC Operations Manager, Corporate Compliance The Queen's Health Systems ...

• My organization has been fortunate not to have to provide published notice through the media of a breach. We will likely have to do so for a very peculiar situation soon. I'd appreciate not having to reinvent the wheel if anyone could share a template ...

• Thank you, Frank and Scot!   I will check out the resource on HIPAA Cow. I've frequented the site and the resources are especially helpful. Frank, I haven't worked with either NIST or ISO so I am thankful for your comparison between the two, that ...

• Misty, HIPAA COW has a Risk Tool kit available on their site for free that is based on the NIST 800-30 framework. I haven't used it as we contract with an independent third party to do our SRA's but HIPAA COW has some very good resources. ...

• I think the most used framework...BY FAR...is that offered or described in NIST 800-30.  I definitely see how ISO 270001 would easily fulfill the risk analysis requirement...because if let's say Computer Security was from A to Z....NIST 800-30 may go ...