HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: census

That seems like a very good answer to me Debra; HIPAA does allow disclosure when required by law. I will add one thing though, as we have seen in our facilities, 42 CFR Part 2 (confidentiality of Substance Use Disorder (SUDS) patient records) does not ...

• Profile Picture

RE: census

​Hi all,  I am going to take a crack at this.  Bear in mind I am a newbie, so I am interested in what HIPAAdom advice may circulate from my response. 2020 Census data collection can be a privacy gray area.  Residents in different levels of living ...

• Profile Picture

census

Interested in opinions regarding group home residents and completing the 2020 census. Some residents are not capable of completing the form in any format and some do not possess the cognitive ability to understand the concept. Can it be completed for ...

• Great info and video Frank. Thank you ------------------------------ Robin Moreno Compliance and Privacy Officer ------------------------------

• Frank (and everyone else), As your video so thoroughly and effectively pointed out allowable uses and disclosures under the privacy rule are (with a few more obscure or less common reasons) those that fall under TPO. Treatment is specifically the ...