General Compliance Topics

View Only
  • 1.  Error on EHR - How do you handle?

Posted 21 days ago
    Hi,

I'm curious to hear best practices around correcting errors on the EHR. For example, what do you do information is entered on the wrong record and do you separate errors by type? I'm drafting a policy and all I could find was the AHIMA guidance and looking to incorporate into our P&P, but I want to ensure I'm covering best practices & requirements.

Your thoughts are welcomed & appreciated.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Patsy Serna, MLS, CHC, CPCU
    Director, Corporate Compliance
    Phoenix,AZ

Comments I share are my sole opinion and are not meant to represent my company.
    ------------------------------
    SCCE Membership

• 2.  RE: Error on EHR - How do you handle?

Posted 21 days ago

We do not have a policy but I built an incident report form to track documentation errors as they are a contributing factor for care errors and confidentiality breaches. We correct errors at the point of discovery whenever possible. The incident report goes to our HIMS supervisor to check the corrections are made, do follow up with the care team member who created the error and then she close the report. We currently have a quality committee looking at ways to reduce the errors.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain information that is Proprietary, Confidential, or legally privileged or protected. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message and do not disclose its contents or take any actions in reliance on the information it contains.

SCCE Membership