Department of One

View Only
  • 1.  Monthly Review CEP Magazine (Continued Learning Activity)

Posted 08-04-2022 11:35 AM

Once a month, at our compliance meeting, we review summary notes of the articles that are pertinent to our company from that month's CEP Magazine.  Those articles that are of particular interest, I put a little gold star next to them.  The gold start items are discussion items for the team.  It is another way a "Department of One" can maximize the information provided by SCCE.  The notes would go something like:

Topic: 

• Note 1
    • Note 2
    • Note 3
    • Note 4
    Not every article is applicable to our line of business, but I still read through each article because there are a few "tidbits" of information that may generally apply even if it is about culture, leadership, work life, good quotes for my bullet journal, etc.

It takes me about 4-6 hours to read the issue and sometimes I type out my notes directly from the magazine into MS OneNote or sometimes I highlight what I will type out (usually if I am traveling and I am reading the magazine periodically throughout the month I will do it this way).  Luckily, I am a fast typist so I can transcript the highlights back into MS OneNote fairly quickly.  If you have MS Office 365 (cloud-based version) you can use the Dictation feature and speak into your microphone and Word will automatically transcribe if you are not a fast typist.  Here is a link to the article on how to use the Dictation feature:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dictate-your-documents-in-word-3876e05f-3fcc-418f-b8ab-db7ce0d11d3c

Thanks to all those who write articles for the magazine!  I read EVERY article, EVERY month!

------------------------------
    Dianne Koval
    Chief Operations Officer
    MedAllies, Inc.
    Fishkill, NY
    Default Blank

• 2.  RE: Monthly Review CEP Magazine (Continued Learning Activity)

Posted 08-05-2022 03:20 PM
    Great suggestions today, Dianne, thank you!
    And I think I need to know more about your "bullet journal"... :-)

Mary Anne Lang
    Senior Manager, Compliance & Customer Service
    Lingraphica
    Gambrills,MD

Default Blank

• 3.  RE: Monthly Review CEP Magazine (Continued Learning Activity)

Posted 08-15-2022 04:09 PM
      |   view attached
    A bullet journal (referred to as "BuJo") is a notebook that is a combination of To Do lists, calendar, and journal.  There is a wide variety of notebooks that you can use and it is very much based on what you will be tracking and using it for.   Same goes for the percentage of each of those items (To Do, calendar, and journal) that will make up your bullet journal.  A Bullet journal is used to get tasks done using a analog method (pen and paper) and bulleting the tasks.  I have been bullet journaling since 2017.  For work, I use the bullet journaling technique for tasks only since I use Outlook for my calendar and my personal bullet journal for everything else.  I have taught bullet journaling to employees who were interested to help them to improve productivity and reduce stress/improve mental health.  Once employees learned the basic method, all of their journals look completely different which is expected.  As people adjust their journals to fit what they want to track and their lifestyle they become their own.  It has been interesting to see the journals they created.  In my personal bullet journal one of the lists I keep is quotes that inspire me or I will put inspiring quotes in my weekly personal calendar.  If people are interested, would be happy to teach a session on the method on one of the virtual Friday meet-ups.

For more info / cheat sheet:  https://littlecoffeefox.com/ultimate-bullet-journal-cheat-sheet/

Picture attached is an example of my work week bullet journal - this notebook is in a style that fits below my keyboard which is why I like this style notebook - plus I write small and it is small :)

Dianne Koval
    Chief Operations Officer
    MedAllies, Inc.
    Highland,NY

Default Blank

• 4.  RE: Monthly Review CEP Magazine (Continued Learning Activity)

Posted 08-17-2022 11:07 AM
    @Dianne Koval, this is such a valuable tool and method. Thank you so much for giving us the inside scoop!!!​

Stephen (Steve) Pavlicek | Community Engagement Manager
    Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
    Health Care Compliance Association
    Office: 952.567.6219 | Mobile: 612.207.3172
    6462 City West Parkway | Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Default Blank