General Compliance Topics

View Only
  • 1.  Training Schedule

Posted 07-22-2022 09:13 AM
    I'm trying to prepare a 2023 Training Matrix.  How does your team manage training?  Is it focused on topics, or do you conduct training (or only awareness) of all Company policies?  Does anyone have a draft training schedule/matrix you wouldn't mind sharing?

I'm trying to include topics, but we also want to routinely make employees aware of our policies and what they mean, whether that is through a broad communication every couple of years or actual training on specific policies (policy-dependent, of course).

Thanks!
    Tara

------------------------------
    Tara Martin
    Director, Ethics & Compliance
    Delek US Holdings, Inc.
    SCCE Membership

• 2.  RE: Training Schedule

Posted 07-25-2022 09:57 AM
    Thanks, @Tara Martin!

We just hosted an Academy reconnection event and this was a topic that came up, more so about how to get the word out and how to measure. But one great idea that might be included in your future comprehensive training plan is to have a frequent trivia email about one of your policies/procedures. This compliance professional hosted the question on their organization's TEAMS platform and awarded participants with "points" that could be used to earn a prize. Subsequently, it also allowed them to track participation.

Does anyone else have resources that might help @Tara Martin?​​​​

Stephen (Steve) Pavlicek | Community Engagement Manager
    Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
    Health Care Compliance Association
    Office: 952.567.6219 | Mobile: 612.207.3172
    6462 City West Parkway | Eden Prairie, MN 55344

SCCE Membership

• 3.  RE: Training Schedule

Posted 07-25-2022 11:53 AM
    Thanks for responding, Steve!

Trivia is a great idea and easy to implement!

Tara Martin
    Delek US Holdings, Inc.

SCCE Membership

• 4.  RE: Training Schedule

Posted 07-25-2022 06:20 PM
    Hi Tara, Navex has a great tool we use to plan out 2 years worth of training; it should be accessible at the link below. I like it because it shows in one place who the audience is, when the training is, what format it is, what the goals/metrics are, etc. Hopefully this link will work for you. Once we plug in compliance training, it is shared with other teams who plug their training in, and then we determine if changes need to be made (i.e., if too much is planned for one quarter).

We determine what training to conduct based on (1) requirements (i.e., some training is mandated annually) and also (2) our annual compliance survey, where our employees self-report their familiarity with policies, and (3) questions I'm asked of policies and if I feel there's a lack of understanding.

https://www.navexglobal.com/compliancenext/building-your-foundation/multiyear-training-workbook-planning-tool/

Happy to talk further; added my email to the signature line.

Kitty Holt
    Plan International USA

SCCE Membership