Research Compliance

Latest Discussion Posts

• This sounds very suspect.  To me it almost seems like the researcher is trying to establish his method of getting information.  Even if this process were legit, for the purposes of this discussion, the research would need the patient to complete another ...

• ​I agree with the suggestion that the patient request his/her own medical record information through the normal channels and that (s)he send the information to whatever organization (s)he wishes.  That's the easiest and safest approach. Otherwise, there ...

• ​In the situation that you described (university researchers wanting access to patients), our preference is to just pass out the information to the patients and let the patients follow up with the university researchers. Sometimes we have a drop box available ...

• ​The problem is that the request does not contain all of the core elements and statements. From the guidance at https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/access/index.html an individual does have a right to direct a covered entity to ...

• I am new to research so take everything I say with one or two grains of salt . . . I would have concerns whether the research has been reviewed and approved by an IRB. To my understanding IRBs are responsible to protect human subjects' rights for ...

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.