HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• That's a good idea David! ------------------------------ Erica Jansky MS/CCC-SLP, MS/MOB Director of QA & Compliance CHS Therapy ------------------------------

• Erica, I would ask your vendor what "HIPAA audit" they are talking about and ask them to show where it is a requirement. ------------------------------ David Garrison Compliance/Privacy Officer SEARHC Juneau,AK ------------------------------

• Thank you David and Frank!  I'm not the Privacy Officer yet so HIPAA has not been my focus, but we are working with a vendor that said yes it needs to be done annually so I thought I would reach out here for more insight. ------------------------------ ...

• Erica...the nice thing is that...from a C&C...if anyone shares with you a different perspective, simply ask them to share their source from the regulations. Is an annual HIPAA audit conducted by a third party, a legal or regulatory requirement for ...

• I've not heard of an annual HIPAA audit.  There are various self audits that an entity could do internally on an annual basis, but nothing in the way of a legal or regulatory requirement. ------------------------------ David Garrison Compliance/Privacy ...