HIPAA

View Only

Polls

Latest Discussion Posts

• I think Brenda's comments are spot on. I've found, over the years, that assumptions about what someone is thinking or believes are generally wasted time on your part. Just as with, "she said, he said," situations, I always prefer to get the parties ...

• My meaning may have been lost in translation. I meant that past interactions with an employee influencing an approach to a conversation with them about concerns they have about compliance does not implicate a privacy violation. If in the past I recognize ...

• There's supposed to be a wall between employees health records and the employer. Do be aware of this and what's allowed under TPO.

• Speculating or asking doesn't automatically implicate an issue of privacy. I agree with other posters that a good way to go about this is have a sit-down talk with the employee to hear out their concerns and give them confidence in the results of the ...

• Speculation about the employee's mental health and/or asking him about it is a quick way to ensure a privacy violation!