HIPAA

Latest Discussion Posts

• Thanks all for the thoughtful feedback!  The CHPC looks interesting, as does the HCISPP. ------------------------------ Emily Roberts Compliance/Privacy Manager The opinions expressed are my own and are not intended to represent the positions, strategies ...

• Emily, A couple of years ago, I read a response to a question regarding which certification to pursue as a privacy profession in healthcare. One recommendation stood out: search the job boards for HIPAA privacy jobs and see what employers are requiring. ...

• Emily, Like you, when I started as HIPAA Privacy Officer I sought certifications (on my own, not as a requirement for the position). I came across the HIPAA Academy as well. I took the course (then it was a three-day, in person course). We were given ...

• Personally I'm not impressed with certifications alone. I've met many certified individuals who simply rushed to pass a test and didn't really take the time to learn what it is they are getting certified in, or paid a fee to get letters behind their name. ...

• This is my opinion informed only by my reading the website. I am not impressed. If your employer is willing to pay for the course and the exam or if it is a requirement for keeping your job then it can't hurt. If you need a recognized certification ...